Bad smell when heating is used

right,, we've noticed the last couple of days that when we have had the heating on for a certain amount of time,

there is a really bad smell coming from the bedroom above where the boiler is,, iv been sniffing all around the boiler nd cant smell anything,

it seems to smell a hell of a lot worse when you get down on your knees and smell near where the pipes go through the floor

but ive had the floor boards up and cant see anything ??

the smell doesnt get much worse when the boards are up aswell and the smell can only be described as,, something dead, rotting away ????

its getting unbarable,,

have any gas engineers ever come across this problem ???

could it perhaps be a dead rodent that has died and the heat makes the smell worse,

its just the smell seams way too bad for it to be a dead rodent ????

any help or suggestions welcome,, its getting unbarable !!!!:confused:

U ever smelt a dead rat?! Specially when they get nice and ripe on heating pipes!

no lee,,

ill not go into it but i have witnessed the smell of decaying dead bodies before,, smells axactly the same,

cant see owt but it is that sorta smell mate,,

been looking into oder eliminators !!!

ordered a few online !!!

like i said, smells worse where rad pipes pass through the floor, i guess thats the biggest hole for the stench to get through !

the boards ive had up i can see from 1 end of the house to the other, but obviously only along that joist space !!!

seems really bad at a certain point rather than every board that comes up !

cheers anyway lee !!!

Edited by LeakyLloyd