Landlords gas safety check

Hi, just a query regarding a gas safety check, a plumber has said he can't issue a safety cert due to the boiler diverter valve being faulty,the domestic heating works fine, the hot water is ok, he says the radiators are warming up when the domestic hot water is being run ie when the taps are on. Is this a true reason or is he touting for work/ running a scam:suspect:

Hi, just a query regarding a gas safety check, a plumber has said he can't issue a safety cert due to the boiler diverter valve being faulty,the domestic heating works fine, the hot water is ok, he says the radiators are warming up when the domestic hot water is being run ie when the taps are on. Is this a true reason or is he touting for work/ running a scam:suspect:

Couple of things....firstly you need a Gas-safe engineer and not a plumber, secondly it does sound like the boiler has a diverter problem BUT...if it passes the safety checks then the diverter problem should not prevent a certificate being issued. Hope this helps, cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve, he is gas safe registered, I didn't think the "fault" would be a unsafe item as it were, after all the gas side of things are fine, it looks as though its as I said, he's after work, he said the part would be around £15, I've just found the part at £3.90 inc postage, don't know what his labour charge would be, mine will be £0.00, I'm an industrial plumber amongst other things, down loaded the manual. Most of my gas qualifications were under the old acops scheme with a recent ccn1 thrown in for good measure, but the gas side of things won't be touched.

Steve if he gets moody about things would you be interested in the job? the house is in mexborough.Bill

Steve if he gets moody about things would you be interested in the job? the house is in mexborough.Bill

Just a little out of my range but there are plenty of gas engineers on here and I am sure one will cover your area, sorry, Steve

Steve is right, it shouldnt effect you getting the certificate. we cover Mexborough if you are interested

Cheers Jon

Thanks Jon, I was going to pm a reply but you beat me to it, the property has a comby boiler and gas hob by the way, I suppose the new part for the boiler will be a few days at least with the new year hols.