The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Thanks Jon, that would be great. I'll PM/email you. I am terrified of blowing up the house! I think I might risk lighting the fire though, that way I can use the boiler today. Hope that's ok.

Thanks for recommendation guys. Drop me a pm, as I wanna invite you to our new showroom in Doncaster for a cuppa and a chat.

If you have the manufacturers instruction at hand, or download them from baxi, you would be able to remove the facia trim which exposes the mechanical linkage that goes from the slider the the tap on the valve. It is highly likely that it has come apart at one end, and is a safer bet for you to try to repair than tampering with the gas supply (which I do not recommend).

Pay attention to section 12.3 onwards. Removing facia and attaching slider instructions.

The on/off slide is stuck 'on'. And I've had to turn off the gas supply in order to turn off the fire!

Could anyone please advise how I can isolate the gas fire from the mains so that I can use the boiler today, until I can get someone out to rectify the problem.

Many thanks.

HI squirt some W D 40 on switch that is stuck Keep pressing and squirting this may free it off :hihi: If it becomes free squirt some down side to stop it sticking again

Mr Peacock, thanks so much for the time and trouble you've spent on this. Jon is coming out tomorrow to make sure everything is safe before we move forward. Your link has been so helpful, as the documentation that came with the fire was pretty useless!

Thanks again.

(Admin, could you please mark the post as sorted, thanks everyone)

I have a 7 year old Vailant condensing boiler (not combi) and although it is working fine it is very noisy on a cold start up for the first few minutes. The noise is coming from the boiler and is transmitting a vibrating noise through the pipes. It is a noise I would imagine a noisy pump would make. I am looking for someone who is familiar with Vailants and can diagnose the fault first time rather than guess as what part is faulty only to find it is something else.

I am in this Thursday if anyone can come on than day.

Hi we could take a look on thursday for you at 10am if thats any good to you, im not going to take a guess at the noise but we will know the problem if we see the boiler in person.

If you would like to book in with us please leave the boiler off that morning so it can be checked from cold cheers jon.

Hi, First post, from Ireland. I've had a door stolen of my Trianco Redfyre model trh 45 serial no. 83093118. Looking for any information on anyone who might have a new or secondhand one. Can't find any in ireland. :help:

I have a 7 year old Vailant condensing boiler (not combi) and although it is working fine it is very noisy on a cold start up for the first few minutes. The noise is coming from the boiler and is transmitting a vibrating noise through the pipes. It is a noise I would imagine a noisy pump would make. I am looking for someone who is familiar with Vailants and can diagnose the fault first time rather than guess as what part is faulty only to find it is something else.

I am in this Thursday if anyone can come on than day.

Could be the pump/air in system, unfortunately I am booked up Thursday but currently free Wednesday, cheers, Steve