Throstles fc folding?

herd a rumour there folding. is it true

herd a rumour there folding. is it true

I hope not, There were some good throstles sides when i was a young lad.

The forum team played against Throstle's in the cup this season, we lost in extra time, it's a great set up at Davy's and it would be a shame to see a club as old as Throstle's go down the pan.

they was in our league last year they finished 4th we finished 2nd do not think they will fold they got promoted this season

Not folding - quite the opposite, they are starting a U21 section now. I know cos my eldest lad's mate's dad is the Chairman / President thingy

Advertising for managers for certain age groups, as well as players for every age group including the newly formed U21's team who will be playing in the Meadowhall Sunday League next season on their official website.

http://www.throstles-jfc.co.uk/

Therefore I'd say no foresight of folding in any way, shape or form.

my dad played for them for a bit he's about 55 now, also had a few trials with United including Alex Sabella's "debut" in a friendly against the reserves, they took Sabella off and gave my dad a rollocking as he flew in with a crunching tackle after about 5mins and clattered the lad lol!

Throstles were always a decent outfit up to the early teens then all clubs went down the pan as the better players were at academy's and the standard drops.

I had some really good games against them when I was around 10 to 13 and will always remember the battling and sheer determination from both sides.

Throstles JFC not folding, on the 21st July we held our annual AGM. And plans in place for next season and the season after.....This year U21's added also. Hoping to grow the club not close it.

my dad played for them for a bit he's about 55 now, also had a few trials with United including Alex Sabella's "debut" in a friendly against the reserves, they took Sabella off and gave my dad a rollocking as he flew in with a crunching tackle after about 5mins and clattered the lad lol!

Maybe this string can help. In August of 1980 (yes, I'm old) I played as a 14yr old on a team from NY that came to Sheffield to play Throstles FC, Throstles had come to Long Island the previous summer to play in some tourneys. Fraser Digby had stayed with me in the summer of 79, my team came over in 80. The old guys here in NY are looking to get together and have some fun possibly play the old guys from Throstles. The other name I remember was Jamie Hoylan. If anyone one of the old Throstle guys are around and someone knows them can they please forward my email address [email protected]

We might be interested in coming to play as we are getting close to 50. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Frank

Any players who went to Glasgow and played in the European youth cup for throstles representing sufc ...around 1976 77

Graham biggins

Doe anyone remember where the throstles started out ? If my memory serves me correctly they started out at the bottom of occupation lane at hackenthorpe . There's a farm called throstle nest farm and the farmer Tom Lawson turned one of his fields into a football pitch. His son Willy played for them so I have a good idea that is where they started . Can any body verify the same as me.