Shirecliffe nursery to juniors 1959-1964

anyone attend the whitewashed building at shirecliffe nursery school...i started in 1959 and need help with a book i'm writing...did you enjoy the delights of the education system around this period even if you didn't attend this school...

and things we got upto through to the end of the junior school before you moved up to the seniors..

I went to the junior school in 1958 - 1960. My teacher was Mrs Steeples and the headteacher was Mrs Halifax.

Have you any info about the 11 Plus exam? I am trying to trace my results but have hit a brick wall.

I went to the nursery school in the low White buildings in 1962, I can remember my teacher, Miss Paddling (I think), I remember playing outside at dinner time, coming back in through the door where a teacher would be stood with a bottle of cod liver oil and a spoon, giving each child a spoonful! Then we would have a nap on little camp beds with itchy blankets, happy memories. I didn't move up to the infants as we moved away, my cousins went to the junior school though and, eventually my boys went to the secondary school which was called Herries by then.

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.

I have now confirmed that Sheffield was responsible for setting the papers. All I have to do now is find the relevant department at Sheffield Education.Here's hoping.

Where exactly was this infant/junior school, where Herries was, or near Busk Meadow ?

It was on Penrith Road just on from Shirecliffe tip, on the straight flat part before the the road bends and goes downhill towards Herries Road