Know of the name Fantozzi?

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had come across the name Fantozzi.

My great grand dad arrived in Sheffield in early 1900's from Italy with, we think maybe 2 brothers. They settled around West Bar.

My grand dads sister Louisa married into the Cuneo family.

We have been helped by a lady researching the West Bar Italians but I was wondering if anyone had any further information, photos etc that could be of use. We have traced the family back in Italy quite a long way and would just like to exhaust every avenue here.

Have you been to the cemetery in Rivelin, I had a wander around a couple of weeks ago and saw both Fantozzi and Cuneo graves.

Barcley Fantozzi I think had Dial motors at the corner of Dun st /shales moor and was connected to John Bee car body repairs Abbeydale rd.

We had a lad at school, Anton Fantozzi, lived at Wharncliffe Side, late 70's/early 80's

Was there an ice cream man called Vincent?

Thanks for the replies.

There are several Fantozzi's buried in Rivelin cemetary, some we didn't know about.

Vincent was my grandad, Barclay my uncle and Anton is my cousin.

Was there an ice cream man called Vincent?

I thought that as well, along with an Ice Cream man called Manfredi.

Yes, I remember Manfredi as well as Molinari.

Barcley Fantozzi I think had Dial motors at the corner of Dun st /shales moor and was connected to John Bee car body repairs Abbeydale rd.

I believe a Louis (?) Fantozzi also had this car dealers, possibly Barcleys father? My father knew the former during and after the war.

Louis did indeed have Dial Motors on Shalesmoor, while Barclay, his nephew had John Bee Motors in Abbeydale Road

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had come across the name Fantozzi.

My great grand dad arrived in Sheffield in early 1900's from Italy with, we think maybe 2 brothers. They settled around West Bar.

My grand dads sister Louisa married into the Cuneo family.

We have been helped by a lady researching the West Bar Italians but I was wondering if anyone had any further information, photos etc that could be of use. We have traced the family back in Italy quite a long way and would just like to exhaust every avenue here.

Lewis or Louis Fantozzi had Dial Motors Cnr Dunfields and Shalesmoor..He went on Holiday to Italy most years. He had a Brother and Nephew who lived out on the Manchester rd area. They had ai Bentley Continental..WE sold the nephew a souped up Mini Cooper 1275 S. We had a car Showroom next door..Knew Louis well..Louis Married and lived up the road that runs betweem Abbey lane and Greenill??? Must be long gone by now. He was a good honest Motor Dealer..His Sales staff were Ron Guest and Bobby ? Heard Bobby died young of cancer?? P K. Cape Town

Hi Coverall - in case it's of any interest, here is a scan from the 1911 census return showing the family of Anthony Fantozzi of Meadow Street. The only other Fantozzis listed for Sheffield in 1911 were Francis Fantozzi, an organ grinder who lived with his wife and son on Bower Street, and Giacomo Fantozzi who lodged with the Pizzuti ice cream family on Copper Street. I remember the elderly Mr Pizzuti and his shop on the corner of Gibraltar Street and Cupola. That would be in the 1960s.

Bloomin' heck - I must be getting old...:(