This Forum next season

Speaking as a lifelong BLADE ( 65 years ) I do hope Wednesday are promoted.

Both teams in the Championship and this Forum will descend into total chaos and the poor old mods will have all on to keep control !!

I think Wednesday have some good players but not necessarily a good team, unlike United who have built a good team playing good football on a shoestring.

I can't stand Hutchinson, and Carlos is bonkers, "I never blame the ref but", "chickens in the kitchen" and "fish are not potatoes". :loopy::loopy::huh:

As a Blade, on the one hand I don't care about Wednesday but on the other i cannot wish for them to be promoted.

PO final, fine but not promotion, but if they do it won't bother me too much. I would be happy for some of them but not the majority.

As for the forum I don't think it will make too much difference to the baiting, it just goes on and on.

UTB

Just to balance it out....

Wednesday have a great team(occasionally) and some great players ....

Hutchinson is player of the year in most supporters eyes,mine included..he is quality.

Carlos has his critics ...but he's proved himself over the two seasons he's been here..he has a unique way of putting things across in his interviews,but he's an endearing guy who is passionate about Wednesday.

As for promotion this year...lets hope so..we are on a great run..will it last?..who knows.

As for United..and with no offence intended,i couldn't careless what you've done or what you think you'll do next year i couldn't even name your players,other than the ex Wednesday lads..

The Forum is fine i don't think it will change...most of the posters are passionate about the clubs we follow,just some like to wind up the opposition a little too much..but its generally harmless stuff...

I think Wednesday have some good players but not necessarily a good team, unlike United who have built a good team playing good football on a shoestring.

I can't stand Hutchinson, and Carlos is bonkers, "I never blame the ref but", "chickens in the kitchen" and "fish are not potatoes". :loopy::loopy::huh:

As a Blade, on the one hand I don't care about Wednesday but on the other i cannot wish for them to be promoted.

PO final, fine but not promotion, but if they do it won't bother me too much. I would be happy for some of them but not the majority.

As for the forum I don't think it will make too much difference to the baiting, it just goes on and on.

UTB

I wonder how this post would be treated if it was the other way around ;)

I think we have a much stronger team than united at the moment unless united purchase significantly in the close season, in derbies though the "better" team doesn't always come out on top, on the season overall (should we both be in it) I'd expect the Owls to finish higher.

going back to the topic, THIS forum i think wont descend into chaos, it was great the last time both teams were in the same division, battling it out for promotion, it was squeaky bum time quite a bit and fun.

Saying that i hope Wednesday get promoted so it could be as you were, not long to find out now.

I think we have a much stronger team than united at the moment unless united purchase significantly in the close season, in derbies though the "better" team doesn't always come out on top, on the season overall (should we both be in it) I'd expect the Owls to finish higher.

Pick you up on a couple of points there top.

I don't believe you have a better "team". You potentially have with your more expensive players, but evidence is a bit thin. eg to the contrary, FF when he threw his dummy out earlier in the season, that is not a sign of a "team" one bit.

United players have stuck by Wilder despite being transfer listed and left out of the squad.

"purchase significantly"??? Do you mean spend a lot of money like Wednesday have. United have a team that is significantly better than the rest of L1 already. Wilder will not spend huge sums, despite comments made by Kev and Princey a while ago.

I think you need to comprehend that this is not an average United team, it is on a different and much higher level.

In fact I'm more concerned about holding onto the likes of Fleck, Coutts and Freeman who have excelled themselves this year, than what we might spend on additions.

Edited by blackydog

Pick you up on a couple of points there top.

I don't believe you have a better "team". You potentially have with your more expensive players, but evidence is a bit thin. eg to the contrary, FF when he threw his dummy out earlier in the season, that is not a sign of a "team" one bit.

United players have stuck by Wilder despite being transfer listed and left out of the squad.

"purchase significantly"??? Do you mean spend a lot of money like Wednesday have. United have a team that is significantly better than the rest of L1 already. Wilder will not spend huge sums, despite comments made by Kev and Princey a while ago.

I think you need to comprehend that this is not an average United team, it is on a different and much higher level.

With respect....talk is cheap..youve done well in winning the league...but look at who you're in with..Rochdale,Fleetwood,Chesterfield et al....and comparing your team to one that got the to play off final last term and is again in the top six is possibly a little giddy on your part.

If we are in the same league next term,hopefully not,but that's when comparison's can be made....not now...

Wigan came up as Champions the previous year..and look where they are today...i'm not saying United will go the same way...but its a big step up in quality..

With respect....talk is cheap..youve done well in winning the league...but look at who you're in with..Rochdale,Fleetwood,Chesterfield et al....and comparing your team to one that got the to play off final last term and is again in the top six is possibly a little giddy on your part.

If we are in the same league next term,hopefully not,but that's when comparison's can be made....not now...

Wigan came up as Champions the previous year..and look where they are today...i'm not saying United will go the same way...but its a big step up in quality..

With respect, we played the team that won last years PO final in the FA cup semi final and we weren't far behind. And that was with our crappy team, not today's Wilder team. ;)

The Owls are every bit a "team" the Forstieri situation was dealt with quickly by the club and happened months ago anyway, a team that isn't together would not be in the top 5.

As Sheridan said the competition in L1 this season has been poor whilst a record number of points will be needed to reach the Championship play offs.

I can't see where uniteds goals will come from unless they invest, remember when Will Grigg was on fire?

We'll get some comment this season from United fans - 'cos they aren't in the lowest league on their own.

Its been very quiet on the forum for the past few seasons.

Anecdotally my family are all life long Blades and this last few weeks is the first time we've had any banter - unlike when Wednesday were in the lower leagues.

As for next season- as long as the Owls finish above the Blades little else matters to me.

The Owls are every bit a "team" the Forstieri situation was dealt with quickly by the club and happened months ago anyway, a team that isn't together would not be in the top 5.

As Sheridan said the competition in L1 this season has been poor whilst a record number of points will be needed to reach the Championship play offs.

I can't see where uniteds goals will come from unless they invest, remember when Will Grigg was on fire?

People say that about L1 every year. Somehow we have managed 86 goals so far with 2 to play, yep must have been a crap L1.