Owls forced to slash Hillsborough capacity

Guest sibon

Time for a new ground.

The capacity cut comes from not being allowed to use the bowl and issues getting out of the North and South Stands.

Still big enough for now.

The cloud of the 80's disaster still looms large but I do think the safety advisory group (SAG) who decide this are being over zealous and treating the club differently to others.

There's a petition to SAG in the offing.

Time for a new ground.

The capacity cut comes from not being allowed to use the bowl and issues getting out of the North and South Stands.

Still big enough for now.

It's modern health and safety nonsense.

The cloud of the 80's disaster still looms large but I do think the safety advisory group (SAG) who decide this are being over zealous and treating the club differently to others.

There's a petition to SAG in the offing.

It does, and that is equally nonsense. The chances of a similar event are approx. 0.000001%.

I can't see a problem, Hillsborough no longer holds big games and Wednesday haven't had an average attendance of over 30,000 since 1968.

I can't see a problem, Hillsborough no longer holds big games and Wednesday haven't had an average attendance of over 30,000 since 1968.

Maybe not average attendances but there are times when having a 39k seater stadium come in handy, against the blades next season if we are in the same league.

We are looking at return to the premier league with potential averages of 35,000-40,000, we have to act on this one quickly.

Unfortunately SAG and SYP seem to have it in for Wednesday at the moment and as top said, they appear to be over zealous.

If truth be told I think Mr Chansiri favours a move to new premises as opposed to re-development and I think he may have a point. History and sentiment aside, we need to move on although it will hurt.

Maybe not average attendances but there are times when having a 39k seater stadium come in handy, against the blades next season if we are in the same league.

I can't remember the last time you had anything near a full house v the Blades.

We are looking at return to the premier league with potential averages of 35,000-40,000, we have to act on this one quickly.

Unfortunately SAG and SYP seem to have it in for Wednesday at the moment and as top said, they appear to be over zealous.

If truth be told I think Mr Chansiri favours a move to new premises as opposed to re-development and I think he may have a point. History and sentiment aside, we need to move on although it will hurt.

I'm not so sure he does want to move and is trying anything in his power to increase capacity for home fans, they've even considered moving away fans to other parts of the ground.

Guest sibon
I can't remember the last time you had anything near a full house v the Blades.

You must have a poor memory then

You've not averaged 30,000 for nearly fifty years, were are all these potential supporters coming from?

---------- Post added 13-04-2017 at 22:40 ----------

You must have a poor memory then

http://www.11v11.com/teams/sheffield-wednesday/tab/stats/option/attendances/

As for the Hillsborough attendances (35k +). Here are some of Premier League grounds maximum: Burnley 22k +, Watford 21k+, when they get there, Brighton, 30k + and when I saw Bournemouth 11k + I thought that was a misprint. How do those clubs survive on these figures ?