Steering Group Meeting 12/04/17

I will be attending the steering group meeting tomorrow evening, if anyone has any (sensible) points they would like me to raise with the chairman please post them asap.

I will be attending the steering group meeting tomorrow evening, if anyone has any (sensible) points they would like me to raise with the chairman please post them asap.

:huh:

Hmmm...

... maybe ask him if he'd like to formally congratulate both United and Doncaster on their promotions this season? :D

Hmmm...

... maybe ask him if he'd like to formally congratulate both United and Doncaster on their promotions this season? :D

:evil:Sarcastic sod.

Mr Top asked anyone for sensible points.

Hmmm...

He's probably never heard of United....

Unlike your Chairman,Manager and Captain who all appear to be obsessed about Wednesday judging by their comments since the weekend....:help:

Sorry for poking my nose in an area I don't poke much, but I had a thought.

Not sure if it's ever been raised, but I wonder if the chairman would ever think of opening the ground for concerts, in the same way the Manchester clubs do, to raise additional revenue (very useful in terms of transfers/FFP/and importantly ticket prices).

I assume it's possible, and with Don Valley gone, the Arena potentially going, I wonder if it's a possibility? As mentioned, the Manchester clubs both do it in off-season with no damage or harm.

Thanks

Sorry for poking my nose in an area I don't poke much, but I had a thought.

Not sure if it's ever been raised, but I wonder if the chairman would ever think of opening the ground for concerts, in the same way the Manchester clubs do, to raise additional revenue (very useful in terms of transfers/FFP/and importantly ticket prices).

I assume it's possible, and with Don Valley gone, the Arena potentially going, I wonder if it's a possibility? As mentioned, the Manchester clubs both do it in off-season with no damage or harm.

Thanks

I will ask the question but the grounds history may raise a few eyebrows.

Hi I just wondered if there are any plans in the close season to do work in the ground given the capacity appears to be reduced by the Safety Advisory Group these days to 30,000 to 31,000 from 39,000.

Who are we playing in the prestigious friendly to celebrate our 150th anniversary ?

Are there any plans to subcontract some food outlets to say a local firm like Beres for example ? I went to Germany recently to watch a couple of games and was impressed the amount of food outlets there were around the ground compared to here.

Get your questions in today please folks.

I will ask the question but the grounds history may raise a few eyebrows.

Cheers! I think it's doable, particularly if you had the stage at the West Stand (so no crowds going through it). Could make some good cash for the club.

Went to Goodison Park recently and they had a small scale fan park in the car park outside , nothing fancy but was a great idea and surrounded by local food and drink outlets , something we could easily do on match days outside the ticket office

May be worth a mention

Went to Goodison Park recently and they had a small scale fan park in the car park outside , nothing fancy but was a great idea and surrounded by local food and drink outlets , something we could easily do on match days outside the ticket office

May be worth a mention

Good call.

---------- Post added 12-04-2017 at 23:17 ----------

*STEERING GROUP INFORMATION*

HEADLINE: David Hirst has resigned his position at the club - The decision was his own.

HEADLINE: The new home shirt next season will represent the shirt we had between 1965 - 1972. (Blue front/Back with white sleeves)

HEADLINE: SAG have reduced SWFC's official capacity to 33,800. We have a safety inspection in 2 weeks time and the club hope, due to safety improvements to fire and exit points it will be re-increased to 36,000... Possibly a bit more.

To date we have sold MORE season tickets than at this stage last season. At this stage last season we had sold 14,000. The club won't speculate on the projected figure but they are optimistic we will achieve good sales.

The Wednesdayite Car-park will be CLOSED from May the 31st 2017. New developers are expected to begin building on the site shortly after. There was hope that it may be extended till December BUT the current plan is it will close in May this year.

The stadium will aim to go "cash-less" next season. Currently 60% of outlets are contactless/card only... The club will introduce a 'top-up' card system for those who do NOT have bank cards and they will be able to put credit on those cards either online or at the ground to make purchases.

This is inline with the majority of Football stadia within the UK.

Next season, all 3 kits will be produced IN-HOUSE. We will not have a branded kit (Eg, Sondico, Nike etc...) This will create a better mark-up and also allow SWFC to order sizes quicker and more effectively.

With Sondico, orders have to be made 26 weeks in advance. If kits sell out, new kits cannot be ordered using branded kits for several months at a time.

Nike ask for longer than 6 months notice for orders and the club feel that the new in-house process will create a better system for fans to place orders and get supplied quicker.

IN-HOUSE doesn't mean cheap/**** quality. They will be made in the SAME factory that Nike/Adidas kits are made. Apart from SWFC will be the brand...

... On kits... They will NOT be released early. - I expect they will be released at Owls-in-the-park like in previous years.

From next season, all football league clubs will have a new and improved website. The old website is slow, outdated and the new one is "a million times better".

All pre-season games will be confirmed at the end of the season. It is not SWFC policy to release pre-season games until the closed season.

From next season ALL OVER SEAS fans will be able to watch SWFC matches LIVE on the internet. The Championship has signed a contract allowing fans overseas to watch the games of the teams they support.

This will incur a fee on a game by game basis. - Details will be confirmed once contracts have been formalised.

The club shop are improving the stock of baby/infant wear and fans should see more merchandise and better quality as months go on...

SAG have veto'd sellers from walking around stands selling food/drink.

SAG have also said that TVs on concourses need to go as it creates congestion as fans stand and watch the TVs.

SAG was discussed several times

(MY OPINION) - SAG are scared to death to allow SWFC fans to do pretty much anything in Hillsborough stadium because WE are a risk to safety. SAG, in my opinion still, by their actions, believe the only risk within a stadium are the fans who enter it. We will ALWAYS be treated differently, in my opinion, because we support Sheffield Wednesday and the club are frustrated by this.

Other issues were discussed including toilet facilities and the general 'state' of Hillsborough.

Mr Chansiri is committed to improving all aspects of the ground and it will take time. Vast sums have been spent on saftey including fire provisions around the stadium. We have no intention of moving the stadium or re-building but ANY changes will need to comply with current safety policies within the football league and premiership. 10s of millions is needed to bring Hillsborough up to standard and Mr Chansiri says it will happen. The pace will be expedited by Premiership money and he will do all he can to get us there.

SAG are a set of idiots if they think getting rid of the TV monitors will reduce congestion on the concourse. The only time there is congestion is at the final whistle, and to a lesser extent, the half time whistle. That won't change.