Sign in to follow this  

Worst Movie Remakes Ever.

Originally posted by "waxy chuff"

Oceans 11.

And I disagree about Thomas Crown - remake was far superior.

I'm sorry, but the remake of Oceans 11 is superior to the original. For a start Ol' Blue Eye's used to turn up drunk to the set and this IS reflected in the original movie!

The remake of Parent Trap was pretty good.

But the all time worst for me is Get Carter with Stallone (its even got Michael Caine in a minor role - how tacky is that)

Yup, but the feeling of "cool" in the original was provided by the soundtrack and the stars. In the remake, it was provided by glossy editing and special effects.

Originally posted by waxy chuff

Yup, but the feeling of "cool" in the original was provided by the soundtrack and the stars. In the remake, it was provided by glossy editing and special effects.

Yes, the all star cast for Oceans Elevan was as high profile as I have seen for a long time.

Refering to Mikey's post earlier about a remake of Willy Wonka.

There is a new version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in the pipeline, but it's another interpratation, rather than a remake. Should be quite interesting.

To be directed by Tim Burton, with Johhny Depp as Wonka, it is going to be more faithful to the original text - which Roald Dahl wrote as a much more dark tale than the Gene Wilder movie ever portrayed.

Apparently, Burton knew Depp was the right man for the job after his appearance in Pirates of the Caribbean...

Its definately a film i'm looking forward to.

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

solaris remake was just utter cr*p.

Tarkovsky's 1972 version (they're both based on a book by Stanislaw Lem) was too long, too contrived, and the visualisation was cack, even by the standards of the early seventies.

Sodenberg breathed life into the story, which is more than can be said for the pretentious art-house **** that was the Russian attempt.