Blades Family Search

Im looking for any information regarding the blades family in sheffield, mainly john walter and his wife edith, I believe they were originally from the meadowhead areas between 1930 and 1950, they had 11 kids altogether but the 1s im lookin for are doreen b1928,derek j b1939,jacqueline b1946,moira b1947,valerie b1943,twins sylvia and sheila a b1937 and jean b1933, can any 1 tell me about this family?:help:

Have just found this site. Derek is my dad and I think you must have been talking to my mum on Gene reunited if your who I think you are. This is all very strange as until just after christmas I didnt know anything about my Dads family, nice to find I do have some relatives after all! I was born in Sheffield but we left when I was about 3-4yrs old but can remember visiting my mothers mum there until the age of 12yrs when she moved.

drewrat@touc my grandmothers maiden name was blades and her brother was tom blades from heeley, he had a son called mick blades who went on to be a jockey he lived for some time in sweden but now I,ve been told has some sort of equestrian set up near doncaster

I know it's been a few years since this post, but I'm a family member, Valerie's son. If you want to get in touch feel free. Mum tried to get in touch years ago but was unable to. She's still with us.

Sheila - died last year.

Other names I have but no contact...

Doreen E B.1928

Brenda P B.1929

Roy B.1935 (mis-spelled surname in records so maybe not found)

Sylvia B.1937

Derek B.1949

Jacqueline B.1946

Moira B.1947

Michael B.1949

I don't kow if you'll be informed of new posts to your thread, but here's hoping.

You can e-mail me at my forum username at hotmail dotcom.

I was a good friend of Derek Blades until I left for Australia in 1964. Derek then was about 25 y.o. We lived in Meersbrook, and Derek lived with the Hill family in Rushdale Rd. Would love to make contact if he's still around. My name is Ed Harvey.

Here's the family on the 1939 Register.

119 Fretson Road, Sheffield.

John Walter Blades, D.O.B. 18-12-1905, Railway Porter.

Edith Blades, D.O.B. 3-2-1909, Housewife.

Doreen E. Blades, D.O.B. 22-11-1927, Scholar.

Jean Blades, D.O.B. 9-7-1933, Scholar.

Three other entries for this family are officially closed.

Valerie Blades was Fostered around 1949 with Sheila. She was never able to get much information from Sheila about any of the family, and when she attempted to trace her brothers and sisters through official channels about 30 years ago she wasn't able to get any information beyond her original birth certificate.

She always wanted to get in touch with her brothers and sisters and it's been on her mind her entire life. With Sheila gone she assumed her last chance for any information or contact had gone with her.

If anyone out there is interested in at least speaking to me about Val (though I haven't told her about this thread yet) it'd be nice to hear from you. I know I can easily get the family tree information at several sources now, but it's the family contact for mum that is of most interst.

Edith Blades was my cousin on my father`s side her mother and my father were brother and sister.

Hi just been on forum 1st time for long time I m Derek s wife we lost Derek in 2011 but I ve done a lot of research on the Blades and if you d like to get in touch you can at [email protected] Derek always wondered what happened to his sisters which is why I started research Jean

---------- Post added 17-04-2017 at 08:54 ----------

Hi Eddy remember you I m Dereks wife sorry to tell you Derek died in 2011 but he never forgot you all the best Jean

---------- Post added 25-04-2017 at 08:52 ----------

Hi would RizKat like to get in touch have some info for him