Advertise businesses

Hi has anybody got any advice on getting a business advertised it's not about not wanting to spend money it's about the best places to put money into advertising keep hearing all different things about yell.com some say good some say bad are flyers worth doing or do people just throw them away these days where's the best places to put money advertising wise appreciate any advise people have.

What exactly does your business do?

Do you have a website?

Hi Steve,

I'm a freelance marketer and would love to offer my advice.

What are you currently doing? Do you have a website? Are you visible on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter? If you have a website, where are you ranking on search engines? Have you also though about direct marketing to your target customers?

It's hard to give you solid advice/help without me fully understanding what your business does.

I'm happy to have a chat offline!

Thanks,

Tom

My advice would be to build a great website with great photographs and video content and get it search engine optomised.

I hear that TV advertising and sponsoring the world cup works for McDonalds and Nike...

But their targets ready made - slumped in front of the TV every night.

Where do people who are prepared to pay money for what you are offering tend to hang out?

Hi has anybody got any advice on getting a business advertised it's not about not wanting to spend money it's about the best places to put money into advertising keep hearing all different things about yell.com some say good some say bad are flyers worth doing or do people just throw them away these days where's the best places to put money advertising wise appreciate any advise people have.

Yes, let us know what business you do so we can help.

It really depends on the type of business you run. Advertising on Google, Facebook and Tweeter is very effective. There are also magazines like Grapevine and Tito that are distributed widely across the city.

I also PM'ed you with more details

Edited by halley
missing text

Hi has anybody got any advice on getting a business advertised
? yes

it's not about not wanting to spend money it's about the best places to put money into advertising keep hearing all different things about yell.com some say good some say bad are flyers worth doing or do people just throw them away these days where's the best places to put money advertising wise appreciate any advise people have.
depends on who your target customer is and what your product is but any service where someone is paid on commission to sell you advertising space tends to be a waste of money.