Jocosa Bar - West Street

Anyone been here yet?

It was open last night - Looks very nice from inside.

Is it a local company that operates this?

A welcome addition to Sheffield anyway!

I've heard that its owned by an ex accountant who wanted to open somewhere that would be suitable for people to take clients.

I went in with a friend last night and have to say that i was dissapointed. The interior is light, bright and clean looking which is good. The stools are very comfy though quite high!!

However the music was awful.... i don't even know what it was, and it was stupidly loud. Me and my friend were shouting at each other to be heard and every 5 minutes the music was turned up. CRAZY!! Also it was £3.00 for a pint of Grolsh which although a number of bars do charge an average of £3.00 a pint, you do expect the bar to live up to the price!!

If i'm right in that the owner wanted a place that you could take clients to, i think they need to sort the music out first!!! The Wig and Pen, Platillos and Ivory are more suitable places for clients and they are a world away from Jocosa. But there's time yet and once they sort out the music, and it turn the atmosphere, it might work...........

I went in ....wish I hadn't... No atmosphere... magnolia walls... that had just been painted going on the smell. walked out with a right headache.

Yes it does smell of fresh paint...

... think you have to give it time, it's got potential.

Liked the Ice Booths.

It looks great, but it probably won't be long before the West Street crowd take it over.

Will probably try it out once the Christmas madness is over.

I drove past it last night and it looked full of a mare mature crowd (nothing wrong with that!) but i thought it would have been more the vodka rev and DQ lot

Maybe that is what the owner wants?

Loud music in bars is a particular bug bera of mine too - whats the point - if I wanted loud music I'd go to a club - people usually go to bars with their friends for a chat and not to compte shouting at each other all the time - the sooner this craze for loud music in bars dies a death the better .... hopefully it will? ANother example is that student pub in ecclshall road whats it called Nursery Tavern - giant speakers deafening you at sunday lunch time when you go in with friends for a quiet sunday lunch and then the idoits behind bar turn it up even louder - no matter where you move within the pub you cant escape a speaker at your back or over your head <FUMES>

Loud crap music at that ...it's just another bar for the golden oldies..hich to be isn't a bad thing as it means they'll stay out of BAI HOI

I went in ....wish I hadn't... No atmosphere... magnolia walls... that had just been painted going on the smell. walked out with a right headache.

Magnolia walls!!! are you blind!!!

jesus christ lv!

awaken your senses, taste the food!!! and the cocktails!!!

i have been to jocosa twice now and i must admit it, it is a fantastic place to go and chill out with friends, the atmosphere is great and the food is the best on west street!!!

i recommend everyone tries it as the quality is far better than anything else in the city centre!!!

i have been to jocosa twice now and i must admit it, it is a fantastic place to go and chill out with friends, the atmosphere is great and the food is the best on west street!!!

i recommend everyone tries it as the quality is far better than anything else in the city centre!!!

You don't have any association with this place by any chance do you?! First post?