HS2 train stop in Sheffield

I read in the Star that a possible location might be the old Victoria Station but can anybody tell me how that would work bearing in mind the same train will have to continue north along the straightest route possible to Leeds?:huh::confused:

well first of all dont believe what you read in such a rubbish paper!

would love Sheffield to get this! Anything to get us back on the map again!

If there is a stop, it's pretty likely to be at the old Tinsley yard.

well first of all dont believe what you read in such a rubbish paper!

I don't necessarily which is why I included the words 'possible' and 'might' in my OP. However it's only natural to assume that, if Sheffield wants a station on the route then a discussion has to be had on the best location both for the region as a whole and the speed and efficiency of HS2. I was wondering therefore, whether the Victoria station ticks the boxes on both counts.

I think i read some year ago that Tinsley was being suggested, however the scheme has chopped and chaged since then so i dunno

Seems the logical solution but it makes the loss of Sheffield Airport next door even more ridiculous and short sighted when you think this could become a major international transport hub.

where is this? dont say Tinsley please!

The nearest HS2 stop to Sheffield will probably be Manchester or Leeds!

Has anyone used HS1? it's not all it's cracked up to be, travelling to North Kent you come off the high speed lines and are then held up by the "stoppers" from Victoria, so you lose any time gained.

I hope we get a HS2 stop, but I doubt it.

The HS2 stop would need much longer station platforms and would not conflict with "local" services so all HS2 stations in the regions would be new designs. Neither Victoria or Midland can offer this.

Although favoured in the current plan a Sheffield HS2 route station would likely be to the east and require a connection to the current station

The HS2 stop would need much longer station platforms and would not conflict with "local" services so all HS2 stations in the regions would be new designs. Neither Victoria or Midland can offer this.

Although favoured in the current plan a Sheffield HS2 route station would likely be to the east and require a connection to the current station

Then Tinsley Park seems like a pretty good location with the Valley Centertainment and Carbrook tramstops being close by. (Don't forget that the HS2 train itself would probably be as long as the Tinsley site ie the airport runway next door.....we're talking on a huge scale here.)

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=53.400615&lon=-1.385714&z=15.6&r=0&src=msa