Looking for grafted tomatoes in shops, not mail order

Have you seen any grafted tomatoes in the garden centres? If so, please let me know where. I'm after buying some in a shop, not so keen on ordering them by post.

I have bought them for several years but my usual supplier has changed their supplier and isn't getting them in until 18th April. I shouldn't imagine they will be very big and mine are usually quite large by that time. We usually grow them on in the house then put them in the heated greenhouse in May. By mid May they are usually standing abut four foot high (including height of the pots). I think buying them as small plants the third week in April is a bit late.

Been to Dobbies @ Barlborough today, they had some grafted tomato plants, around £1.49 to £1.99.

Thanks. They didn't have any on Sunday. That seems a bit cheap for grafted tomatoes. Are you sure you didn't see ordinary tomatoes? Grafted are usually £3.99 - £4.99

Thanks. They didn't have any on Sunday. That seems a bit cheap for grafted tomatoes. Are you sure you didn't see ordinary tomatoes? Grafted are usually £3.99 - £4.99

No we bought the ordinary ones, but I saw the others, but being a bit if a novice, I didn't know what a grafted one was. They didn't seem very large tho.

Plus they only had around a dozen or so, grafted ones.

I phoned up and they said they weren't getting them in until later this month. I had to speak to a "plant expert" as the young man who answered the phone hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

B&Q had some last time I was there (about a week ago). Definitely grafted.

Thanks Mayfly, I never thought to look at B&Q. I have given in and ordered them on line now. They are cheaper if you get plug plants and I want to bring them on early. Last year they were too big for the house by 14/15th May. All the suppliers seem to be later this year. I have ordered some that are currently ready for dispatch. Some are still awaiting despatch as super plugs. Potted plants (not super plugs) are available early May.

From looking at the identical images they are using it looks like many are using the same grower for their stock.

I'm having to pay £4.99 for p&p but you get three for the price of two and I have ordered other stuff too. I'm going to give grafted cucumbers a go too.

Dobbies had a number of varieties today. £3.99 each.

Has anyone put their tomato plants in the greenhouse yet? I got 2 grafted plants from Dobbies last week which are currently on the kitchen window cill. Last night the min max thermometer went down to 11 degrees C. Just wondering when to risk it?

Guest sibon
Has anyone put their tomato plants in the greenhouse yet? I got 2 grafted plants from Dobbies last week which are currently on the kitchen window cill. Last night the min max thermometer went down to 11 degrees C. Just wondering when to risk it?

Mine have been in an unheated greenhouse for a few weeks now.

They are currently in a heated one, as I've just got the heater out of the cellar and set it up:)

It is going to be cold for the next few days, I'd keep them inside if I were you.

Mine have been in an unheated greenhouse for a few weeks now.

They are currently in a heated one, as I've just got the heater out of the cellar and set it up:)

It is going to be cold for the next few days, I'd keep them inside if I were you.

Ditto, saved me typing it out

Hello mine from seed are about 5 inches now still on windowsill going to put them in Greenhouse (unheated) this weekend already got beans and peas in there about 15 inches high already