Cleethorpes rifle range

Yes it was Wonderland, I recall -around 1958-61--one of the first stalls when you went in was to try to knock a 3" nail into a piece of wood with (supplied) hammer in three attempts, not easy when you skinny and only 12. The not very often winners may have received a teddy bear or equivalent garbage.

Aaahh the rifle range at the fair. That was where I first discovered that I wasn't totally right handed. I can only shoot a rifle properly left handed. I am really uncomfortable from the right side. Anybody else find anything similar in their lefty/ righty activities?

...Anybody else find anything similar in their lefty/ righty activities?
Yes, I am right-handed but on the odd occasions when I use a bow & arrow I'm a left-handed archer. :)

Aaahh the rifle range at the fair. That was where I first discovered that I wasn't totally right handed. I can only shoot a rifle properly left handed. I am really uncomfortable from the right side. Anybody else find anything similar in their lefty/ righty activities?

Not sure if this counts but when I played in goal I always felt more comfortable diving to my left.

After going to

match and seeing for the first time a goalie wearing a number one on his back, I converted my green polo neck cubs jersey by sewing a strip of an old sheet on to the back, lol. What a sight I must have been. :) Edited by Jim Hardie
Spelling

In Wonderland there was also the Crazy House that had sloping floors, distorting mirrors and other oddities that I can't remember.

Cleethorpes had the best fish and chips, cod that hung over both sides of your plate. Unsurprising as next door was the largest fishing port in the world. 'Nuff said.

The place was called WONDERLAND.

Ha yes I can remember the noise end smell of grease inside wonderland

Ha yes I can remember the noise end smell of grease inside wonderland

what memories ray, loved it there as kid . and your right the smell and grease. I can still recollect that aroma.

what memories ray, loved it there as kid . and your right the smell and grease. I can still recollect that aroma.

Yes Padders and the sea air (well actually the Humber estuary) and the 'aroma' from the nearby Grimsby fishing trawlers but for Sheffield kids quite an experience.