Live band wanted for open mic

Hi

I organize a French Fun Fair on Saturday 15th July at the Mount Pleasant Inn on Derbyshire Lane S8 8SG.

From 5pm we will have some live music, so far we 4 or 5 acts performing live music,

if you know any bands or acts wanting to join us for the open mic session please let me know.

Hi

I organize a French Fun Fair on Saturday 15th July at the Mount Pleasant Inn on Derbyshire Lane S8 8SG.

From 5pm we will have some live music, so far we 4 or 5 acts performing live music,

if you know any bands or acts wanting to join us for the open mic session please let me know.

Hi,

Could you confirm how long each band would play and the fee please? Also what equipment would be required.

Thanks

well how long each band will play is up to them really as we can be quite flexible about it and in terms of fees, I am afraid I can only offer free drinks and free food, mind you, the bbq I am putting on is going to be amazing :)

In terms of equipment, we already got PA, speakers and mics, after that it is up to you to bring what you need :)

well how long each band will play is up to them really as we can be quite flexible about it and in terms of fees, I am afraid I can only offer free drinks and free food, mind you, the bbq I am putting on is going to be amazing :)

In terms of equipment, we already got PA, speakers and mics, after that it is up to you to bring what you need :)

I'll pass I'm afraid. Food doesn't pay the mortgage sadly, although I'm sure it's delicious. Out of interest, are the bar staff just working for food and drinks?

Well I m not paying the staff the pub I'd so... I just sort the bbq/gig out with my mates and make we have a good evening. Since we got already 4 acts I just thought some more would like to come along just to have fun. I don't get paid and didn't expect that day to pay my mortgage...

Well I m not paying the staff the pub I'd so... I just sort the bbq/gig out with my mates and make we have a good evening. Since we got already 4 acts I just thought some more would like to come along just to have fun. I don't get paid and didn't expect that day to pay my mortgage...

Musicians are working just like the bar staff. They deserve minimum wage at least.

You wouldn't ask your plumber to fix your pipes for a fun day out.

Good luck with it though. Hope it's a fun day.

Man, you need to chill out a bit I think.

We are having a fun day and nothing else. The acts coming are happy to come and play for free to provide entertainment to a local pub as a one off even if they will be at tramlines the week after for money then...it s not always about money sometimes it s about just music and fun but I can understand you only play for a living and good luck with that. The only reason I put it on this forum it's only because some new or young talents or some bands might not be busy on that day and they might just fancy playing for fun and get known to more people than their usual audience that way, that's all. You probably don't need it, i hope you get booked for a gig that day and once again good luck with it in the future. If you fancy coming around for some nice music on the day you know where we are.

If my band was up and established, I would happily play for beer and food.

You're right, people need to remember, it's the music first.

Money has put a dampener on everything in this life.

Calm down and enjoy the music!!

If my band was up and established, I would happily play for beer and food.

You're right, people need to remember, it's the music first.

Money has put a dampener on everything in this life.

Calm down and enjoy the music!!

And if it was your 'day job'?

If you were a plumber, a joiner, a builder? You'd work happily for a day for a few sandwiches and a couple of beers? Or better still, that old classic that always pays the bills 'exposure'?

If amateur bands want to play for free, fair enough, that's their call, but if you want a decent pro band, they should be paid. They're working.

well, actually, I am sure you know a few guys who are plumber or electrician who helped you out in the past when you had an issue and they did for free... even it is their job... or maybe people you know charge you for everything every time they are helping you out, I don't know

I am sorry but whether or not I was a decent pro musician/band, and I have not been booked on a specific day and I know there is a local music thingy going on, I might consider going around and listen to the other acts and play myself, it is not like you cancel a paid gig to go to a unpaid gig is it...

what's the worse that can happen, people listen to your songs and appreciate them and they will remember you or mention your name to other people who might have never heard of you before...

but fair enough, some people are that good, they obviously don't need the exposure...

Anyway, Hope you get booked on that day and good luck for the rest of your career

Hi all guys

i have been reading your discussion. I am a musician and i have been playing in several bands across the years..I think i have understood what Andy means and i partially share his opinion.

Any band fancy playing in gigs and sometimes organisers take advantage from this..i am definitely sure that this is not the case, (deses if my band wasn't busy we might have joined u for a lovely day together) i am speaking in general.

Musicians work hard, they need to get to the venue, they have to set up equipment... but the most important thing is that equipment may be very expensive sometimes. The risk to damage instruments may be not too low (electrical problems, crashes etc..) Of course when a band gets paid this wouldn't refund any damage, but it is like a "simbolic recognition"

Sometimes it is also true that live bands attract more people and so pubs earn more money..so from my prospective of musician i think that of course a band should get some money, at least as recognition..

On the other hand as i told before, musicians would play live every day just because they love this, they love interact with people and having lovely times. So personally i think that there are situations in which some beers and food may be enough, and other in which a band should be paid.

I just wanted to share with you guys my opinion...I hope the best for everyone :) always friends and music lovers :) see you around for tramlines (we will be playing at the church inn on the 22nd)