Sign in to follow this  

British Midland Airways - Anyone travelled with them?

Well, finally I have made a decision on what date to visit Sheffield and come home to see my family. I am searching for a cheap flight of course and contemplating on booking on line not through a travel agent.

Has anyone ever travelled with British Midland Airways?

If so, was it a good experience and would you recommended flying with them?

Are they a new company or re-named from an old one?

The flight from Washington DC is very reasonable. Hmmmm any reason why? They usually fly throughout Europe, but are they okay for long flights? Comfortable, clean, safe etc?

I've never heard of them so I thought I ask all of you seasoned travellers.

Thanks.

I hear they have an excellent flying record and the planes rarely go down. So you should be OK with them.

They seem to have only lost a few airliners!

Good choice!

British Midland Airways a.k.a British Midland. Pretty small airline mostly concentrating on domestic and european flights. I wasn't aware they did flights across the Atlantic. Anyway, they seemed ok when I travelled to europe so I'm guessing it will be the same on a longer haul flight. As for safety, I've only ever known one to crash and was some time ago at Kegworth (East Midlands). I'd recommend them especially if the price is right!!!!

Crikey :o I was only kidding about the loss of airliners. I wasn't aware of ANY being lost. I suppose no airline is perfect though.

*Gulp*:?

Thanks DaBouncer,

I'm feeling much better already. Only one down? How many more to go??

Keep your fingers crossed okay.

The Kegworth disaster only happened because the pilot shut down the 'good' engine when the other had a malfunction!

Arriving Tuesday November 4th, just in time for Bonfire Night. Sorry I'll miss the shindig again. We will visit the Classic Rock though as we both love rock music. My husband enjoys British rock bands too. It will be quite a cultural experience for him. Ice down the beer, ha ha, he prefers girlie beer (lager) !!:lol:

Well if you are here long enough you might make the third bash, we havent set a date but it could be in November, you never know!