1. 1. How do you Sleep?

• Foetus?
    • Log?
    • Starfish?
    • Soldier?
    • Yearner?
    • Freefall?
    • Don't know - too much Stella!!

A new report out today suggests you can tell someone personality by the position they sleep in.

See story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3112170.stm

Check out the positions

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3112170.stm#sleep

Which one are you

The Foetus: Those who curl up in the foetus position are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax.

This is the most common sleeping position, adopted by 41% of the 1,000 people who took part in the survey. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.

Log (15%): Lying on your side with both arms down by your side. These sleepers are easy going, social people who like being part of the in-crowd, and who are trusting of strangers. However, they may be gullible.

The yearner (13%): People who sleep on their side with both arms out in front are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it.

Soldier (8%): Lying on your back with both arms pinned to your sides. People who sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved. They don't like a fuss, but set themselves and others high standards.

Freefall (7%): Lying on your front with your hands around the pillow, and your head turned to one side. Often gregarious and brash people, but can be nervy and thin-skinned underneath, and don't like criticism, or extreme situations.

Starfish (5%): Lying on your back with both arms up around the pillow. These sleepers make good friends because they are always ready to listen to others, and offer help when needed. They generally don't like to be the centre of attention.

The remainder of those in the poll said the position they fell asleep varied or did not know.

Originally posted by mikey

Which one are you

The Foetus:

Tough on the outside but sensitive at heart.

Suppose so

They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax.

Suppose so

im sometimes the yearner, but mainly the freefaller :lol:

but the yearner description sounds more like me :)

I would be more interested in learning whether someone

a. snored

b. talked in their sleep

c. hogged the blankets

d. ground their teeth

e. sleep-walked

than whether they were curled up in a sweet ball or lying like a log....

That would tell me much more useful things!

i *apparently* (;)) snore and mumble in my sleep... slightly worried about that latter one :lol:

Originally posted by LouiseB

I would be more interested in learning whether someone

a. snored

b. talked in their sleep

c. hogged the blankets

d. ground their teeth

e. sleep-walked

than whether they were curled up in a sweet ball or lying like a log....

That would tell me much more useful things!

A,B,C,D sounds like my wife!!!

and me come to think of it

Its like Piccadilly Circus in our bed, all that pulling, tugging, talking, grinding and thats just when we are asleep.

I don't sleep like any of those! My Mum told me that I sleep on my left hand side with my left arm hanging off the bed and my right arm under my left cheek. (Kind of like I'm flagging a bus down) lol!

Go to sleep in foetus (good for my back) and usually wake in freefall (bad for my back).

Both descriptions seem right though. Mind u didn't read the others so could be those too.

I tend to sleep in the recovery position, you know the position the first aider/amulance personal would put you in when you've had an accident.

The legs and arms all in the correct position. It just seems so natural.

i always got to sleep half way down the bed, lieing on my side clutching the corner of the duvet under my chin

Sozzled, so no idea what position.