Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?  

1,087 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the steepest road in Sheffield?

• Blake Street
    • Kent Road
    • Myrtle Road
    • Hagg Hill
    • Jenkin Road

I know Sheffield roads consist of many hills but what is the steepest? Does anyone know for certain.

My guess would Myrtle Rd Heeley, used to have to walk up it to school.

No, isn't it Hagg hill in Rivelin?

Of course I KNOW my road's the steepest when I'm crawling up it after a night out :lol:

Originally posted by cosywolf

No, isn't it Hagg hill in Rivelin?

Of course I KNOW my road's the steepest when I'm crawling up it after a night out :lol:

Yeah Hagg Hill surely is a contender. It sometimes requires using first gear in the car.

Blake Street in Upperthorpe.

Originally posted by mikey

My guess would Myrtle Rd Heeley, used to have to walk up it to school.

I am not too familair with this hill so can't comment. I will surely have experienced/seen it at some point though.

Originally posted by v00d00

Blake Street in Upperthorpe.

I must confess. This is what inspired me to this post. Maxt mentioned the Blake hotel at the top of Blake Street. I was told by my old trainer that this was in actual fact the steepest hill but have never had it verified. My former trainer made me sprint up this hill many times so I can vouch for how steep it is.

I had the unfortunate task of walking to college up it for 2 yrs, got quite fit towards the end of it.

Still hate it tho.

:|

8) Nah Den Ace..........

Spot on vOOdOO chile!

Blake Street is the steepest hill in Sheffield. I used to go sledging down it in winter..........amazingly I am still living to tell the tale! It were a bugger to get back up to the top though! Burgoyne Road was another good one. Oh, happy days!

Twentywell Lane, I still can't cycle up it and the its the only road I have been up where the car struggles in first. The oxygens pretty clean up at the top though!!!

There's a road running through Grenoside Woods (ok a wide path) that goes up a hill that must have a 45 degree angle up to the top of the crags. I remember it from a sponsered walk when I was at school, after walking 15 miles it almost killed me to walk up that bloody hill.

:lol: