Petshop boys disapointment

went to see the Petshop boys in concert recently, or should I say me and the wife bought tickets, paid for a hotel, paid for a train, and a day of work, we remember the petshop boys in the eighties, and there songs from the eighties, which I presumed like most people would they would sing, I new 3 of the songs they sang, but as Neil Tennent said, they were in there new style, so not as I new them, what a WASTE OF MONEY PROPER DISIAPPOINTED,

If I had known it was a tour to promote there new niche style, we, and I reckon 90% of the crowd there [that just sat there wondering what was happening and watched with no dancing] would saved our money,

so anybody out there whos booked to see them, if you want to see them sing there old stuff don't bother going you will be disappointed

but to be fair they were good at what they did all the under twenties loved it they were bouncing on there seats

Really ? It's a sin,you should have gone west and seen the west end girls and I'm not being flamboyant I'm just being boring.

Really ? It's a sin,you should have gone west and seen the west end girls and I'm not being flamboyant I'm just being boring.

Lol lol lol

went to see the Petshop boys in concert recently, or should I say me and the wife bought tickets, paid for a hotel, paid for a train, and a day of work, we remember the petshop boys in the eighties, and there songs from the eighties, which I presumed like most people would they would sing, I new 3 of the songs they sang, but as Neil Tennent said, they were in there new style, so not as I new them, what a WASTE OF MONEY PROPER DISIAPPOINTED,

If I had known it was a tour to promote there new niche style, we, and I reckon 90% of the crowd there [that just sat there wondering what was happening and watched with no dancing] would saved our money,

so anybody out there whos booked to see them, if you want to see them sing there old stuff don't bother going you will be disappointed

but to be fair they were good at what they did all the under twenties loved it they were bouncing on there seats

You have to realise that the Pet Shop Boys have been releasing songs regularly since the 80's and are still a functioning group, its you thats stuck in a timewarp.

You have to realise that the Pet Shop Boys have been releasing songs regularly since the 80's and are still a functioning group, its you thats stuck in a timewarp.

So has Paul Carrack, but he still does Living Years and How Long. So are you saying our own Paul is also stuck in a time warp? Nudge , wink:cool:

So has Paul Carrack, but he still does Living Years and How Long. So are you saying our own Paul is also stuck in a time warp? Nudge , wink:cool:

You do expect to hear the big hits when you see them,most group's I've seen appear to do 50/50 between old and new.

You do expect to hear the big hits when you see them,most group's I've seen appear to do 50/50 between old and new.

Not really they bought a new album out last year so the recent tour would be in support of that and will centre on material from it, wait until they do a greatest hits tour.

Fair point to many bands play what they want not what the audience wants to hear,some new stuff is fine but as you say most of the audience probably want to hear the big hits so it should be a mixture of old and new.

Not really they bought a new album out last year so the recent tour would be in support of that and will centre on material from it, wait until they do a greatest hits tour.

A new album if they did every song is about 50 mins,concerts last about 2hours so ample time to do both.

Greatest hits tour? :o: Is there really enough material for that to happen? LOL :bigsmile:

Guest sibon

Here is a recent Pet Shop Boys setlist.

It looks like a good mix of old and new material to me. Maybe the OP is just having a whinge. I certainly can't see anything to complain about.

Greatest hits tour? :o: Is there really enough material for that to happen? LOL :bigsmile:

They're not really my cup of tea but you can't deny they've had plenty of hits.

---------- Post added 26-03-2017 at 16:10 ----------

Here is a recent Pet Shop Boys setlist.

It looks like a good mix of old and new material to me. Maybe the OP is just having a whinge. I certainly can't see anything to complain about.

Perfectly good set list that.