What instigates a thought?

there was an interesting tv prog that investigated how advertisers come up with ideas. they took 2 of the best, most successful marketing types and drove them in separate taxis across london but on the same route, then placed them in separate identical offices but in the same building and gave them both a brief.

the outcome was seemingly amazing - suprisingly their ideas were strikingly similar.

it turned out the tv producers had set objects up along their journey e.g a man dressed as a bear in the street, objects in the taxi, scripted conversation and comments etc. thus tracing this 'natural' creative process.

thus proving Calidens points.

Originally posted by tinajones

it turned out the tv producers had set objects up along their journey e.g a man dressed as a bear in the street, objects in the taxi, scripted conversation and comments etc. thus tracing this 'natural' creative process.

I've read about that :) It was a good study :) Key objects were a Zoo with really big iron gates, a music shop with a harp outside, the bear...

Both artised drew similar things... what was it they were asked to design again.... something to do with an animal park or something? I know they both head a heavely theme to the designs with a harp, gates and bear hehe.

That was a great example of priming :)

Derren Brown, Mind Control, I think it was