Stuff to make you think

You lot enjoy a bit of ethical moralising, try this....

TWO TOUGH QUESTIONS

Question 1:

If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally disabled and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the answer for this one.

Question 2:

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates.

Candidate A - Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B - He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C - He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be your Choice?

Decide first, no peeking, then scroll down for the answer.

----------------------------------------------

Candidate A: is Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Candidate B: is Winston Churchill.

Candidate C: is Adolf Hitler.

And, by the way, the answer to the abortion question: If you

said yes, you just killed Beethoven.

Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think before judging someone.

Originally posted by LouiseB

And, by the way, the answer to the abortion question: If you

said yes, you just killed Beethoven.

Hmmm interesting post, I guess it is the most difficult decision to make, however you have to go on the facts that you have in front of you at the time. Not what could have been or might be, and with the benefit of hindsight and all that.

Maybe Beethoven took to the piano because his brothers and sisters were making such a racket trying to communicate with their mother.

Oddly enough, I said 'no' to an abortion, and I chose 'B', WITHOUT 'peeping'.

Not sure if it means anything, except that I'm against the deliberate taking of life (I believe that the choice is essentially the woman's when it comes to abortion), and I am not enamoured by either war heroes or 'squeaky clean' contenders for political office.

ps. opium was an eighteenth and nineteenth century 'drug of choice' for many talented people.

If she had eight kids in today's age I'd have to be harsh and say yes to the abortion (I have strong views on overpopulation, I'm afraid) even though her exisiting kids are disabled.

Seeing as little of the other information relates to politics, I'd go for B, as I prefer to get out of bed as late as possible, and am partial to whisky!!

Teehee, I have to say the whiskey swung it for me. I've always had a soft spot for being a little bad.

I was beginning to think you me and Carlwarker should start our own topical discussion tv show:lol: :lol:

seriously... I used to write... and I'm still looking for a new radio station...!!!

Always wanted to part-host a radio show - music, talk and guest kind a' format.