Sign in to follow this  

Dr Hilary Jones

Has anyone seen this guy who is for my liking a little too often on morning televison? What the hell does he think he is doing? Should he not be in surgery at such a time? Was all that money paid to put him through Uni wasted? Instead it seems he'd rather raise his TV profile/image by giving out often useless advice like "In the winter months you are more likely to catch a cold so do try to wrap up warm".

You would have thought with a name like Hilary that he would have wanted to keep his head down. :x

Not to mention his dozens of magazine columns. No wonder he doesn't run a practice, he's raking it in.

Originally posted by Lickszz

Has anyone seen this guy who is for my liking a little to often on morning televison? What the hell does he think he is doing? Should he not be in surgery at such a time? Was all that money paid to put him through Uni wasted? Instead it seems he'd rather raise his TV profile/image by giving out often useless advice like "In the winter months you are more likely to catch a cold so do try to wrap up warm".

You would have thought with a name like Hilary that he would have wanted to keep his head down. :x

The man loves appearing on television.

Originally posted by halevan

The man loves appearing on television.

Eamonn Holmes once said that most of the viewers didn't even think that he was a real doctor. I wish he'd get back to what he should be doing - helping the sick and take his sickly smile with him.

spitting image of that doctor that is on Friday night called My Hero.

More interested in TV work than patients.

Just a thought,

Whilst we all say, he should get "back to work" etc, at the end of the day he may not be an NHS doctor anyway (unless somebody knows differently?) If he is, then he may only be a part time one, and then run his own private practise on the side.

I know a fair number or doctors and medical students, and I think its precisely this argument that they should all be working for us that ****es them off no end. Many of them are going through university paying the full whack in terms of fees and living costs, so i think they are entitled to make career decision that puts food on their table without having to work 24/7.

We do have a lack of heathcare professionals, but equally we need to encourage them to stay with the NHS for longer, and this kinda thing really doesn't cut the cake with them. No wonder they go to seek private work, and abroad in places like Dubai.

Most of them work part time as hospital consultants, and the rest of the time private. If anything they only use the NHS time to keep up to date with new developments and utilise the NHS's facilities.

At one time I used to think being a doctor was the cushiest job in the world, but when you see what you have to go through to get there, I don't envy them a good living however they make it.

In the same way we could say we have enought celebrity chefs on TV so lets get a few into NHS kitchens to spruce their menu's up a bit, or maybe into some soup kitchens dishing our fanciful cuisine.

1Man&HisBMW