Sign in to follow this  

Email ban in companies

The Chairman of Phone 4u has banned email because he claims a each person wastes 3 hours a day on email. This cost cutting excercise will save the company £1 Million a month. It happens that he doesn't use email (Probably do not know how).

He claim outside email of customers will still get though. I don't quite know what he meant by that. Probably someone there sat there all day responding.

Source: ITV Teletext new section.

How would your company cope if it did that?

Would you kick up a fuss?

Is he on the right lines here?

I have heard this on the radio and I still don't quite understand what it means. Does he mean email between staff or emails as in customer service etc.

Phones 4U are terrible at replying to emails anyway. They are very quick with a resonse telling you that they have your mail, well - they would it's an automated one but when it comes to actually answering your queries they are dreadfully slow.

For the record I think it's a backward move.

Saw that on Ananova. It's only internal email he's banned as he reckons it costs his company £1m a month. He's telling his staff to concentrate on customers' emails, which can only be a good thing.

Originally posted by John

The Chairman of Phone 4u has banned email because he claims a each person wastes 3 hours a day on email. This cost cutting excercise will save the company £1 Million a month. It happens that he doesn't use email (Probably do not know how).

He claim outside email of customers will still get though. I don't quite know what he meant by that. Probably someone there sat there all day responding.

Source: ITV Teletext new section.

How would your company cope if it did that?

Would you kick up a fuss?

Is he on the right lines here?

He is probably right!!!