Carlos should be sacked or not?

Could we have a link please?

Was going to do it earlier but here goes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/28/carlos-carvalhal-faces-sack-sheffield-wednesday-fail-win-promotion/

---------- Post added 28-04-2017 at 19:19 ----------

You've had one very, very poor season in the Prem in 24yrs, I'll comment on Wilders Championship performance when he's experienced it.

The main reason we have been out of the Prem for so long is lack of funds, what would you say has caused united failings?

Lack of funds and bad management.

We've had bad management too but not as catastrophic.

Sheridan, I'm only stating facts. What over clubs have no done has no relevance as we're not talking about other clubs. When clubs are relegated, they usually struggle anyway.

Tops, this is an owls thread not a utd one. One could say that your club hasn't been in the PL for almost 20 years, but I wont. Because it's irrelevant.

I do think however think, should a manager like Wilder gone to the Owls instead, you might be promoted by now. I know we've made mistakes and been in L1 for six years as a consequence (and deserved it), but ultimately it won't take us nearly 20 years to get back to the PL like it has done with you... so I guess it's subjective in terms of your post above... but irrelevant nevertheless.

You seem to think throwing money at it is a guarantee of success ... I gave you clubs who have also thrown money at it and haven't had 2 consecutive top six finishes and have changed manager more than once in trying to do so...sorry for having to spell it out for you...but you seem to struggle to grasp the most basic points ...

Second highest win ratio in 150 years? I don't think so. Many managers have had good win ratios when things were going well. Dave Jones had a win ratio of 76.92% by the end of season 2011/12. You can only make comparisons at the end of a manager's tenure.

I wonder Jim what were Harry Catterick and Vic Buckingham's ratios, as the Owls under those two never finished less than 6th in the old first division. Imagine that now ?

You seem to think throwing money at it is a guarantee of success ... I gave you clubs who have also thrown money at it and haven't had 2 consecutive top six finishes and have changed manager more than once in trying to do so...sorry for having to spell it out for you...but you seem to struggle to grasp the most basic points ...

You seem to disagree with tops, he thinks your down fall was due to lack of funds.

In terms of being in the top six consecutive its only good if you actually get promoted.

I don't know why we're having this discussion.... We basically agree in terms of CC being a good manager and certainly doesn't need sacking. It would be stupid.

You seem to disagree with tops, he thinks your down fall was due to lack of funds.

In terms of being in the top six consecutive its only good if you actually get promoted.

I don't know why we're having this discussion.... We basically agree in terms of CC being a good manager and certainly doesn't need sacking. It would be stupid.

Have no money and not spending lots of money well are two very different things. You say your bad management (I meant the running of the club not the team btw), I'd say a fall from Prem to L1 in around five seasons very catastrophic.

I wonder Jim what were Harry Catterick and Vic Buckingham's ratios, as the Owls under those two never finished less than 6th in the old first division. Imagine that now ?

It is in the link below, Cattericks was 55.08% and Buckinghams was 47.01%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sheffield_Wednesday_F.C._managers

It is in the link below, Cattericks was 55.08% and Buckinghams was 47.01%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sheffield_Wednesday_F.C._managers

Thank you iansheff, Carlos has a better record as of now than Vic Buckingham but standing on a rain, sleet or sun drenched Penistone Road end, circa 1962 and seeing the Owls bettering all put before them, with Peter Swan, Tony Kay and David Layne.Yes, those three naughty, naughty boys that wore royal blue and white striped shirts. (Oh.. and black shorts)

Story in The Telegraph today Carlos going to be sacked at end of season unless The Owls get promoted,so with All the money Carlos as spent it might not be enough to save him

Pure speculation by a lazy journo is my take on that story. Oh, and 'his job will be in jeopardy' is not the same as 'Carlos going to be sacked'.

The story could prove true but it's only guesswork. Only DC will know and believe me he won't have told Mr John Percy, whoever that gentleman is.

Having met DC a few times he doesn't strike me as ruthless, if we make the play-off or only miss out by a narrow margin I think CC will be kept in a his jod - rightly so in my opinion.

What makes us fans think that there is someone out there who can do any better. The last couple of seasons has been the best we have had for twenty years plus. Even if we fail to get promoted, i would give him one last season. Let us just hope he can get us over the final hurdle, i feel he will and the journey can continue.

What makes us fans think that there is someone out there who can do any better. The last couple of seasons has been the best we have had for twenty years plus. Even if we fail to get promoted, i would give him one last season. Let us just hope he can get us over the final hurdle, i feel he will and the journey can continue.

As much as I agree with you I feel that the DC will only go so long before there is a return on his investment, if that means new leadership to take us that next step, I would imagine that is where we will go.

i agree, although its a gamble and we as fans cant always see another manager who might do the job, look at carlos, none of us had heard about him before he arrived, maybe somebodys already looking for the next carlos?