Sheffield savings bank money box

This is a bit of a long shot but here goes. I have one of the old Sheffield Savings Bank money boxes. If anyone can remember these it was shaped like a book and had a slot for coins and a hole to push notes inside. I am looking for a key to get inside it but I think the key was held by the bank. I think it dates from the 60's or 70's anybody any clues.

I had one of those mine was a darkish green. couldn't get the coins out as there were metal strips that dropped down. got mine from Lloyds bank back in the 60's . I was given a key with mine so I could empty myself and take to the bank.

Try Ebay, they sometimes have older stuff on, i know its a long shot but ya never know x

I have one of these yes the key was held by the bank I managed to open it this morning was surprised what money there was in it a lot not in circulation anymore.

Removed by op

Edited by bus man

This is a bit of a long shot but here goes. I have one of the old Sheffield Savings Bank money boxes. If anyone can remember these it was shaped like a book and had a slot for coins and a hole to push notes inside. I am looking for a key to get inside it but I think the key was held by the bank. I think it dates from the 60's or 70's anybody any clues.

Very Very easy to pic the lock. Use the end of a dart

I used to have one of these. It' a very basic key a just a piece of flat metal with a 3mm square bit at the end to operate the lock. I'll have a look seee if I can find it.