Old public toilets - Where did they used to be?

Someone LBGTVWXYZ missed a golden opportunity when one was demolished, 'A memory brick from your favourite bog, £5 plus £45 p&p "

Someone LBGTVWXYZ missed a golden opportunity when one was demolished, 'A memory brick from your favourite bog, £5 plus £45 p&p "

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

You cheeky monkey.

The ones at the bottom of the Moor stank horrendous. Though not as bad as the gents in the old Castle Market. The smell of the butchers, fishmongers mixed with stale urine was horrendous :gag:

----------------

Yes it did i agree with you Mister M, What i thought was wrong that

the fishmongers and the Butchers and many more off them stalls

use to go in the toilets with their Aprons on. they just pulled it a

one side, whats to say they did'nt catch it on themselfs when one is

shaking ? or even catch it on the urine toilet itself.

They have took their old habits down to the New Moor Market. :suspect::gag::gag::gag:

There was one opposite the corporation street baths,where the little bridge was.White rails bridge I think was its name.http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s18440&pos=86&action=zoom&id=21018

You can just see it on the left of this photo.

Edited by Kidorry

If a former loo was turned into a sandwich shop, would a suitable name be

"Bog rolls"?

If a former loo was turned into a sandwich shop, would a suitable name be

"Bog rolls"?

classic, thanks for laugh.:hihi:

The ladies' were on the right hand side of the baths (as you look at the front) and the men's were on the left I think. They closed at about the same time as the baths, after which the strange metal pod thing was put in place on Holme Lane.

The ladies' were on the right hand side of the baths (as you look at the front) and the men's were on the left I think. They closed at about the same time as the baths, after which the strange metal pod thing was put in place on Holme Lane.

Wonder if they are still down there??

The ladies' were on the right hand side of the baths (as you look at the front) and the men's were on the left I think...
Yes - the men's was on the corner of the gennel leading through to Walkley Lane - arrowed on this photo.
Wonder if they are still down there??
Could be - one of the Wetherspoon staff told me that the old swimming bath is still there (empty of course) under the floor. Must be a bit spooky down there!

I recall one at the bottom of Mushroom Lane and the beginning of Winter Street. Near Weston Park. There was also one on Commonside. near that hospital.