Diabetics: Can a cup of tea with sweetener raise your blood sugar levels?

The normal fasting one (ie first thing in the morning) is between 2.5 and 4.5 (I think). Anything above 7.5-8.0 is considered as diabetic. 22 is very high. How do you know what it is btw?

If your blood sugar is below 4.0 then thats classed as a Hypo and you should have some sugar. Your fasting reading (when your just up) should be between 4.0 - 6.0 mmols and after food it should be between 6.0-8.0 mmols.

If you have a reading of 22 you should speak to a Dr as it's likely your diabetic.

I started as having gestational diabetes and it hasn't gone away :(

If your blood sugar is below 4.0 then thats classed as a Hypo and you should have some sugar. Your fasting reading (when your just up) should be between 4.0 - 6.0 mmols and after food it should be between 6.0-8.0 mmols.

If you have a reading of 22 you should speak to a Dr as it's likely your diabetic.

I started as having gestational diabetes and it hasn't gone away :(

Sorry to hear that. As having had gestational diabetes, I am at risk of developing Type II.

The readings I quoted are the ones I was given when I was pregnant. I think they give narrower margins to pregnant women, well that's what I was told at the time.

I agree, 22 is a very high reading.

The normal fasting one (ie first thing in the morning) is between 2.5 and 4.5 (I think). Anything above 7.5-8.0 is considered as diabetic. 22 is very high. How do you know what it is btw?

I had a medical for an insurance policy, my cholesteral is high also, but no one said see a doctor or anything. I had to have a blood test (fasting) then eat a cake than an hour later have another blood test, that's how I found out. Chuffing Hell are there any other symptons for diabeties? Looks like I'll be in a diabetic coma if you lot are right, before long?

I had a medical for an insurance policy, my cholesteral is high also, but no one said see a doctor or anything. I had to have a blood test (fasting) then eat a cake than an hour later have another blood test, that's how I found out. Chuffing Hell are there any other symptons for diabeties? Looks like I'll be in a diabetic coma if you lot are right, before long?

If you are as high as 22s, then you urgently need to get seen by a medic. (likewise for the cholesterol reading) 22 is frighteningly high.

A reading of 22 after eating something sweet shows that your body is certainly not dealing at all effectively, with the carbohydrate you ingest, as it should be doing.

your unlikely to go into a coma, however I suggest you see a Dr regarding the blood sugar. They will take some blood and check you.

your unlikely to go into a coma, however I suggest you see a Dr regarding the blood sugar. They will take some blood and check you.

So arethere no symptons for diabities?? How would anyone know if they had it (apart from a blood test)?

So arethere no symptons for diabities?? How would anyone know if they had it (apart from a blood test)?

Thrush, is a big sign, (frequent attacks of...) in both men and women

Boils:- again, frequent clusters of them, mostly "down-below"

Cuts and wounds being slow to heal

Blurry eyes (ie strong change in your prescription

Unquenchable, massive thirst (my friends little girl supped a full 2 litre bottle of pop in an hour just before she was diagnosed)

Very strong sweet smell of honey in the urine (smells like sugar puff cereal)

Frequently and urgently needing the loo, (pee-ing much more often)

Getting up in the night, lots of times for a pee

tiredness

In older people, there are signs like white marks on chaps' trouser fronts where the sugar has dried on splashes of pee, also similar marks round the loo/ on the loo seat.

Not all of these symptoms, in isolation automatically means that you are or are not diabetic, but a number of them, together, could be a strong indication that you may possibly be.

a very simple, quick and easy blood test, at your doctor can tell you virtually in an instant if you are or are not.