Ocelot coffee bar

Does any one remember the Ocelot Cafe near Highfields cannot remember the name of the road..It was run by Mick Housely and Ivor White if I remember correctly..

Does any one remember the Ocelot Cafe near Highfields cannot remember the name of the road..It was run by Mick Housely and Ivor White if I remember correctly..

Was it Asline Road?

Was it Asline Road?

Where James' Cycles is now, but only the corner property.

Where James' Cycles is now, but only the corner property.

It was on the corner opposite to where both James Cycles are

Edited by demeer

I think it was demolished along with the rest of Asline Road when they did the wholesale demolitions in the 80s?

I thought that it was on Alderson Road.

I thought that it was on Alderson Road.

It was definitely on the corner of Asline Rd and Bramall Ln. They have just cut down the trees that had grown up round there.

There was two rooms for the coffee bar, on the ground floor, the pin table was to the left of the door and had the biggest hole in the screen, right where the replay indicator was, and one room downstairs for the Felis Pardalis bit, i think

It was definitely on the corner of Asline Rd and Bramall Ln. They have just cut down the trees that had grown up round there.

There was two rooms for the coffee bar, on the ground floor, the pin table was to the left of the door and had the biggest hole in the screen, right where the replay indicator was, and one room downstairs for the Felis Pardalis bit, i think

The building that what was 'Bramall Lane Furnishers' demeer ?

Well I've finally cracked it, and I used to use it a lot, I obviously used to drive down Alderson Road to get to it. That would have been in the late 60's/early 70's, after an evening at the Penny Farthing or Heart Beat.

Good days those, and I had a memory to boot. :hihi:

Whatever happened to Ivor? I was in the RAF with him in 1959. He went into the coffee bar business about 1964ish. Whenever I visited him, I used the room downstairs and I remember one evening he introduced me to The Who. Ignorant sod that I was, I had never heard of them. Never did like them either!

Mike