Sign in to follow this  

Holiday in the sun, only £2.20 or 35p for the kids

:o

has anyone "experienced" walking thru the peace gardens while the sun is out?

its full of people who appear to be on holiday :lol: they have beach towels, chairs and bring their kids' swimming costumes!

im sure i saw some wind breaks as well :lol:

its crazy, but as it was 31'C in the shade in the city center you cant blame em :P

I think it's wonderful to see. I'm glad that the people of Sheffield are taking full advantage of the new and improved peace gardens.

On a slightly different note, I find it very sad that the places I went as a child ie. rivelin valley, millhouses etc..have been left to ruin. Why the council don't improve them is beyond me.

Are the peace gardens still called the peace gardens are are they the millenium gardens or heart of the city gardens now.

They will always be known as the peace gardens to me and most other sheffielders I'm sure.

Originally posted by steelblade

I think it's wonderful to see. I'm glad that the people of Sheffield are taking full advantage of the new and improved peace gardens.

On a slightly different note, I find it very sad that the places I went as a child ie. rivelin valley, millhouses etc..have been left to ruin. Why the council don't improve them is beyond me.

Money, I guess. Since the heady Me me me days of the eighties when we got rid of bus conductors, bobbies on the beat and park wardens finding the money to constantly refurbish public parks which have been trashed has become more and more difficult. With people un-prepared to pay more in taxes to pay to bring back authority figures such as those then we will see more and more anti-social behaviour.

On the positive side, I think the new gardens are great.

Common?

Better to see kids enjoying themselves in the fountains during the hot weather than to have to run the guantlet of tramps, drunks and beggars as was the case in the old Peace Gardens.

Common? naah.