Sign in to follow this  

Most traumatic moment in your life... so far?

Having my flat broken into in Newcastle while I was in it!!!!...oooooh it were awful. Not necessarily depressing episodes .....:D :D

Coping with someone who was trying to kill themself, it lasted for years and it made me very ill.

witnessing my mum and dad "at it"... that traumatised me for life!!!:cry:

My auntie being knocked over and killed last year at the age of 32. Thats was very bad but the on going lies in the newspaper were just as hard to cope with. I hope nothing like that ever happens to my family again or anyone elses.

MOST traumatic I can't talk about here...

But I've pretty much got a grip now on why people say 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger':)

But I think my Dad being in Vietnam and his subsequent difficulties caused a lot of trauma for all involved. It still has an impact now. He's only just getting over it.

War is bad.

WAR. HUH. YEAH. WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING (say it again)!

:lol: :lol:

On second thoughts, catching your parents at it is pretty gross

Car crash - rolled 3 times out in the Peak. Originally 5 people in the car, ended up with 3 and two out on the road....best mate (driver) died that night, another mate seriously brain-damaged, another with lesser head injuries, and me and the last lad walked with cuts and bruises. Nice.

It was a long time ago now, but thanks anyway Cosywolf.

I think when things happen out of the blue like that they're more of a shock to the system than when you expect them, eg the loss of a parent, etc.

Something like that makes you thnk about life and realise how easily you can lose it. Which is never very nice for humans, as we tend mostly to go around in a little dream of 'it'll never happen to me' - mostly because if we didn't, we'd be right miserable sods:lol:

Then, an out-of-the-blue brush with death wakes you up for a while, and ouch.

I've made the decision to live a few times, and it's always opened my eyes for a while. Cos once you decide to stay alive, you suddenly realise how easily you could die, and having just listed all the things it's worth living for, you're suddenly desperate to hold onto them. :lol:

How odd are humans?:lol: I mean, we are all really ODD:lol: :lol:

I certainly agree that it makes you realise just how quickly we can be snuffed out.

Most of my close shaves have been too sudden to consciously think whether to stay alive or not, but I know what you mean - when it comes to the crunch our desire to survive will often win out....