Sign in to follow this  

Gay Priests

The appointment of Gay priests should not be allowed, it is sending the wrong message out to the young people and sets a bad example to vulnerable children.

If we, as a Christian Nation do not live by the laws that govern us I.E. the ten commandments, then we might as well finish with our Christian beliefs and revert to paganism.

I know that everyone is doing wrong all the time, adultery, murder,

rape, fraud, homosexuality, but it is up to the Church to set an example and uphold the laws of God.

And before anyone says it, I am not a Bible puncher or a religious nut, but I believe in setting and maintaining standards of morality and behavoir.

Soddom and Gommora is a salutory lesson and a warning to all those that perpetrate the vile practices of the two cities destroyed by the almighty.

Ahem - as a pagan I like the idea of reverting to paganism so do a large majority of the nation despite the fact they are being victimised by such beliefs that they are imoral, murderous child abusing infidels.

As far as being gay goes, I do not see what problem it poses to vunerable chidren. What about the vunerable children who find that they do not fit the ideals of society in that they MUST love and find attractive the opposite sex. They are then made to feel like a freak and evil because of the kind of ideas you hold.

I am afraid you are confusing pheodofiles with homosexuals.

I think there should perhaps be more policing of what sort of people are brought into the clergy rather than there sexual persuaion. Just look at the Catholic church - I am sure that the numerous priests that have since been convicted of child abuse and rape didn't put homosexual or sick sexual freak on their applicaton forms now do you??

I take it you will be joining Blair's campaign to offcially make Britian a Christian nation - all that talk over a multi cultural society eh?

Moon Maiden

Heathen and Proud

I don't get how you can have a gay priest. I'm not homophobic in the slightest, nor am I religious; but doesn't the bible (in the gods law section) state ''A man shall not lay with another man, or they shall both be put to death"?

So to have a gay christian priest would be undoing the very fabric of said religion. It would just make the whole thing null and void.

Not having read the proper un tainted version of the bible I cannot really comment on it. :D

Moon

Not having read the bible, I shouldn;t comment neither!:lol:

The bible also says if a woman shall wear cloth of different fabrics she should be stoned.

My problem with people who use the bible to discriminate against anyone is that they tend to be very selective in which bits they use.

It is very strange. Not sure how mich can be taken from the bible as it's written by different people so who says it's right or wrong?

I like the movie 'Stigmata' where it states that the 'Kingdom of god is inside you and all around you'... 'Lift a stone and I am there, split a piece of wood and you will find me'. Hence, no church needed.

Originally posted by halevan

I know that everyone is doing wrong all the time, adultery, murder,

rape, fraud, homosexuality, but it is up to the Church to set an example and uphold the laws of God.

I agree in that religion sends out some confusing messages sometimes! My friend is a Catholic who recently got married this year. He wanted to get married in a Catholic church except the church they wanted refused to marry him because his wife-to-be had been married before. He was quite upset but that's what his religion practices! I also asked him about the whole sex before marriage debate and if he said he was Catholic then why was it OK to have sex before he got married? I said that sometimes it looks like you follow some parts of the religion but not others. I wasn't trying to be offensive, I was merely trying to understand/learn something. He got a bit angry and said that it wasn't like that. I didn't really feel that I'd got an answer!

I'm all for it!!!!

The diversity of this country should be reflected in EVERY profession.....if they are good at the job then there is no reason why they should not be able to do it!

Guest costessey
Originally posted by DaBouncer

I don't get how you can have a gay priest. I'm not homophobic in the slightest, nor am I religious; but doesn't the bible (in the gods law section) state ''A man shall not lay with another man, or they shall both be put to death"?

Put them to death...priest or no....a good old city centre burning will draw the crowds

[Edited by Tony Ruscoe - fixed quote formatting]

xxxxxxxxxxx

I think people are misunderstanding halevans here... some of you are even trying to put words into his mouth! :o

When he said "it is sending the wrong message out to the young people and sets a bad example to vulnerable children" I read it as meaning that it's setting a bad example in the way that young children may think it's "right" - not that homosexuals are a physical danger or "bad people"!

Now, the way I see it is that for evolution to work, homosexuality is without a doubt wrong as two men cannot reproduce. This doesn't mean it's "socially wrong" or that anyone should be against it, but what you've got to remember is that children are vulnerable. Children often look up to people in positions of power and think that the way they act is the way they should be acting... if they see a homosexual priest that could confuse them and result in them feeling alienated for being heterosexual...

It's a tough call, but without the correct education it could cause lots of kids out there to be even more confused about their sexuality than they already are!