Sign in to follow this  

Finding a wallet in a cab

If you found a wallet in a cab would you hand it in?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If you found a wallet in a cab would you hand it in?

• Yes, to the driver
    • Yes, to the police
    • No

Following on from a previous thread, if you found a wallet in a cab would you hand it in? I've put a couple of options in as to whom you would hand the wallet.

Only if it had a name and address in it.

As above if it had cards in it than yes to the police, if it was just cash then no one is going to know who's it is anyway.

I would not give it to the driver, as they are just as likely to pocket it themselves.

Once found a wallet in Woolworths on the Haymaket with quite a sum of money in and personal details so i contacted the lady and she picked it up from my home.

Can never trust anyone to return it which is why i did not hand it in to the manager.

Yeah id return a wallet as its likely to have valuable things in, not just money but credit cards and ID which would be hard to replace, but if you saw a tenner fall from someones pocket and they didnt notice would you keep it? I say it depends on whether the person looks as if they needed it or not - but thats just me being evil. When i saw someone drop 50p and they didnt notice i kept it - but only cos i REALLY needed it!

I'd like to say yes to that, but if it happened hmmm maybe, maybe not. :evil:

hand it in to the police

I'd definitely tell someone if they'd dropped some money, if only because if it had been me dropping the money I'd like them to tell me.

Trouble is t020 that if you dropped a tenner its unlikely that they would tell you.

I certainly would not hand it to the driver. I would consider the police. Does anyone know what happens to the stuff that goes unclaimed? Do the police operate a finders keepers policy after a set period of time?

Guest costessey

i'd spend any cash..fraudulently use the cards, and sell any useful id cards there...no use for the wallet though!

Originally posted by Lickszz

I certainly would not hand it to the driver. I would consider the police. Does anyone know what happens to the stuff that goes unclaimed? Do the police operate a finders keepers policy after a set period of time?

Last time I handed something in to the police they wanted my name and address (and occupation for some reason) so if the item wasn't claimed then they could send it to me. I don't know if that is still the policy.

I'm with t020 on this, always be honest as you never know when it might happen to you.