Dementia Cafe S10 / S11

My wife, Tracy and I have started a dementia cafe held at the Parlour cafe, within Sheffield Jesus Centre, S10 2FB, on the third Tuesday of the month, 1pm - 3pm.

We seek to welcome folk with dementia and those who are their carers - living with and supporting those with dementia.

We have resources and activities that are fun for carers and sufferers, such as memorabilia, the alphabet game, animal bingo, puppets, an empathy doll etc.

Get in touch if you'd like to come along or know more. Tracy can be called on 07967-309730.

Next dates: 17th May, 21st June, 19th July, 16th August...

Edited by Andy King

What a wonderful idea.

Sadly my lovely Mum is now too ill to be taken somewhere like this - it would have been a good place for her a few years ago.

Keep up the good work.

Hi Daven.

Thanks for your encouraging words.

Sorry to hear about your mum.

jrwalker2,

I am puzzled as I cannot see your post that I have been notified of here.

Nor can I private message you yet as I have not made the minimum of 5 posts yet.

But, I can say the dementia café is continuing, now every four weeks on a Monday, and the next one is due for 13th March.

You can call me on 07989608798 or my wife Tracy on 07967309730 if you wish to discuss, or just turn up at the Parlour café from around 1.15pm.

jrwalker2,

I am puzzled as I cannot see your post that I have been notified of here.

Nor can I private message you yet as I have not made the minimum of 5 posts yet.

But, I can say the dementia café is continuing, now every four weeks on a Monday, and the next one is due for 13th March.

You can call me on 07989608798 or my wife Tracy on 07967309730 if you wish to discuss, or just turn up at the Parlour café from around 1.15pm.

That's great! Hope everything is going well, will be in touch closer to the time but will be sure to come and see you. Thanks :)

Hi Andy, I tried calling you this morning but couldn't get through so I thought I'd try on here. I am just wondering if I and one of my colleagues would be OK to come visit the cafe next Monday and possibly speak to some of your customers. We require some market research for our project at university which is aiming to set up a social enterprise trying to help people with dementia improve their fitness and mobility. If you could let me know if this is OK that would be great. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Josh