Whats your best Robert de Niro film ?

1970's "Hi Mom!" "Godfather Part II" "The Deer Hunter"

1980's "Once Upon A Time In America" "Midnight Run"

1990's "Heat" "Jackie Brown"

2000's "Meet The Parents" (A struggle to find one in this era)

Once a upon a time in America, for me, was probably his best film, on saying that I don't think he has made any baddens.:D

The Deer Hunter, best love film ever made.

Raging Bull is my favourite movie of all time. De Niro did an amazing job. I also liked him in Meet the Parents, hard to imagine anyone else playing that role. Taxi Driver was good.

Never seen Heat or Goodfellas, though I would like to. Must get around to seeing these two movies.

Raging Bull is my favourite movie of all time. De Niro did an amazing job.

My sentiments exactly.

Definitely his best performance.

for me it would have to be Godfather part 2, his potrayal of the transition Vito Andollini as a young man makes from shop boy to feared & respected 'businessman' I feel is superior to Marlon Brando's aging Don

having said that, the quality of the majority of the cast of the first 2 films, and the overall package of might contribute to my opinions here

other than that, I like him in Taxi Driver

I think de niro and Al Pacino are brilliant so would have to mention the film "Heat"

Without question for me - Godfather part 2

some years ago I had a 3 video boxed set, which amalgamated the Godfather (Brando/Pacino) with Godfather 2 (Pacino/De Niro) into an epic, chronological restructuring, which also included some scenes unavailable on the individual films

Absolutely brilliant version & fitted together seamlessly... sadly I've never found it on DVD

Also love Deer Hunter - to the extent that the opening scenes - where they are all playing pool in the bar, singing, "you're just too good to be true" - inspired my wedding "first dance" song.

Really struggle to watch him in anything recent...

also forgot about Mary Shelley's Frankenstein