Ooops, i upset Sky

have tv phone and broadband, phoned up the other day and told them i want to cancel everything and move my bb and phone to o2, they gave me 9 months free bb and phone line :hihi:

Just upgraded to HD for £10.50 a month, but in doing so i got £100 worth of M&S vouchers, so the years worth of HD has just cost me £26 :D

If you are over 12 months with sky, dont be shy, they will give big discounts to keep you as a customer :D:D

It's true, but not just with Sky. I phoned to cancel my Virgin BB a few years back, the service was great, but my 'puter was kaput and I was too skint to shell out for a new one. I explained that on the prone and they offered me the next year for a quid a month. Obviously this was no good as I'd nothing to use on it.

It's always worth threatening to leave, you get free stuff anf the person on the other end of the phone gets comission for getting you to stay.

Just make sure when you cancel, you've fulfilled the duration of your contract (otherwise you'll end up looking quite foolish asking for the benefits etc...) :)

They offered me 3 months free ESPN and wouldn't offer any better.

Cancelled on the spot

They phone up every few weeks for feedback on why I cancelled. I tell them about the ESPN offer and they just give up - no way they'll get me back.

That said I understand there is a timing element to this. Some times of the month they have better deals.

what you get offered depends upon what packages you have but it only works if you threaten to cancel the lot and tell them about a good offer you have had from someone else, eg my o2 offer

try bluffing them even if you are happy with everything, it works.....sometimes.

It also depends on whether they think you're trying it on and if your account is in good order. There have been stories posted on this very site where people have rung up to threaten to leave in order to get a discount, and found themselves being wished all the best for the future and to get in contact if they later change their minds, and with their services being terminated in short order, rather than the discount they wanted. And I seem to remember it was everyone else's fault (people on this forum for giving bad advice, and Sky for not offering a discount when they "have" to).

yep be careful my mate did it with orange ended up with a decent deal, so the very next day my other mate tried it and he just ended up getting his account canceled was proper funny but just shows you its a bit of luck as well

i tried it with virgin for about an hour and only got the tivo box half price they just would not budge i told them about deals on sky and the ****er looked them up on the net and told me they were no better than what i was getting

Other thing to watch out for with Sky is whether they have their equipment in your phone exchange.

I'm on Woodseats exchange and they don't which means they can't sell me sky broadband which means I'm unlikely to buy their line rental and calls. Which of course means they can get less money off me. Which equals a rubbish deal - less bargaining power than people on Sky-enabled exchanges.

£45 a month from me wasn't enough for em. Their loss. I got a freesat box and now pay nothing for that service. The £45 goes into pension plans for the kids instead.

iv been with sky now for over 12 mths took it out when i got offered, half price sky tv package, £26 + £100 m&s vouchers, after the 12 moths was up i phoned to cancel sky, and they offered me 12 more moths sky at £26 :D:D:D

iv been with sky now for over 12 mths took it out when i got offered, half price sky tv package, £26 + £100 m&s vouchers, after the 12 moths was up i phoned to cancel sky, and they offered me 12 more moths sky at £26 :D:D:D

That is a pretty good deal. Well done.