British Patriots Feel Good

Are you British?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you British?

• Yes
    • No

Just reading this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2073424/People-happiest-feel-like-belong-country.html

In my experience it's true. I have a lot of good friends who will support opposing sides in international sporting events, even though they may never have been to the other country and be numerous generations from it too. But they are also the ones who i'd call mopers, they don't want to leave but the grass is always greener on the other side.

From a purely biological perspective it makes sense. "Patriotism" and "belonging" are not necessarily synonymous though.

From a purely biological perspective it makes sense. "Patriotism" and "belonging" are not necessarily synonymous though.

But surely you feel better when you don't try to be something different? Especially if at times you'll use it anyway!

Depends what you do to feel like you belong.

Some people wave a flag when the queen wanders by while others feel they need to beat up non British people to get that feeling.

I'd guess the latter are saddos with no real friends and will never be happy regardless of what they do.

Some people wave a flag when the queen wanders by while others feel they need to beat up non British people to get that feeling.

I'd guess the latter are saddos with no real friends and will never be happy regardless of what they do.

True... :thumbsup:

I'd guess the latter are saddos

I'd say exactly the same about the former.

Flags and queens are stupid.

British patriots are the reason we have a nation.

Hahahaha

Your such a Brit hater.

I'd say exactly the same about the former.

Flags and queens are stupid.

Flags stupid? no

Queen and her royal clingons? most definatly.

Flags stupid? no

Queen and her royal clingons? most definatly.

Royalty provides continuity, this queen has done a fantastic job and has been an asset to this nation.

But surely you feel better when you don't try to be something different?

John Keating: Now we all have a great need for acceptance, but you must trust that your beliefs are unique, your own, even though others may think them odd or unpopular, even though the herd may go,

[imitating a sheep]

John Keating: "that's baaaaad." Robert Frost said, "Two roads diverged in the wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

Dead Poets Society, 1989

Stick with the herd, I'm sure it's served you well up to now.

Royalty provides continuity, this queen has done a fantastic job

?!? She's done bugger all, a trained monkey could do her job.