Relationship breakup. Moving on music. Can you help?

I broke up with my partner last year and have been doing the healing thing since. While I'm not totally there yet I do feel like I've turned a bit of a corner.

I've done listening to the durgey type stuff. I'd like to know if there are any inspirational tracks that I could listen to to help me move on. :)

Cee lo green-f'you

Edited by iphonelover

You know you have moved on and don't need this dependency any more now!

Lift your head up high and find a new love!

Just listening to music makes it too 'absorbing' in terms of emotions. What you need to do is MOVE to the music. Shake and dance your ex out of your system. Get it out of the system, and you will get it out of your mind.

Why not just listen to the music you enjoy, or search out some new stuff? The best thing for moving on is to remove yourself from any reminders of the relationship; dwelling specifically on 'moving on' music is a bit of a backwards step.

But if you insist...

works for me:

I knew then what I know now

I never loved you, anyhow.

Beach Baby by First Class...try it, but watch it, it's addictive and you won't stop dancing very silly around the room. Works for me.

Cee lo green-f'you

That's quite a bitter song. My ex was a lovely person, I just discovered in the end that he wasn't for me.

You know you have moved on and don't need this dependency any more now!

Lift your head up high and find a new love!

I'm almost there, but not totally, hence asking for musical inspiration

Just listening to music makes it too 'absorbing' in terms of emotions. What you need to do is MOVE to the music. Shake and dance your ex out of your system. Get it out of the system, and you will get it out of your mind.

I hear what you're saying, but it's not for me. Thanks for the suggestion though. x

Why not just listen to the music you enjoy, or search out some new stuff? The best thing for moving on is to remove yourself from any reminders of the relationship; dwelling specifically on 'moving on' music is a bit of a backwards step.

But if you insist...

works for me:

I'm not quite there yet. Developments last week mean that i've only just recently started coming to terms with the fact that we will never get back together now - whereas before there could have been potential.

Beach Baby by First Class...try it, but watch it, it's addictive and you won't stop dancing very silly around the room. Works for me.

I'll have a look. Thanks.

I'm not quite there yet. Developments last week mean that i've only just recently started coming to terms with the fact that we will never get back together now - whereas before there could have been potential. ...

That's why you don't need songs about relationships and moving on from them; you need to have your mind taken entirely away from that sphere. You need music you'll enjoy, and without knowing your tastes it's difficult to suggest anything you'll appreciate.

I broke up with my partner last year and have been doing the healing thing since. While I'm not totally there yet I do feel like I've turned a bit of a corner.

I've done listening to the durgey type stuff. I'd like to know if there are any inspirational tracks that I could listen to to help me move on. :)

You'll never listen to the stuff you listened to when you were in pain again. That's a fact. It'll bring it all back...