Health and Safety at Work

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/10497716.stm

For all you decrying the H&S Laws read this.

At least 200 killed, and many more seriously injured.

This is what happens when H&S is ignored

we had a fire at work this week, if health and safety was ignored people may not have got out calmy and quickly, the fire was at the back of the building but thick black smoke soon came out the front too

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/10497716.stm

For all you decrying the H&S Laws read this.

At least 200 killed, and many more seriously injured.

This is what happens when H&S is ignored

The reason "Elf n Safety" get hammered is because there are so many stupid, crazy rules that have been introduced ,which basically , if people followed them ,would never be able to get anything done .

A good example of this was something i witnessed this week .

you may have noticed that now a days it seems council workmen are incapable of climbing a ladder. across the road from my mom , the council spent nearly a full day erecting scaffolding on the front of a bungalow so they could change the guttering .

This job was all of 10 feet from the ground ,and was a simple job ,which could quite easily have been done by two men with small ladders in a couple of hours.

it was a complete waste of time and expense ,all because some idiot thought it was dangerous to have people using a small ladder.

Its things like this which give "Elf n Safety " a bad name ,and rightly so .

Im sure im not the only one to have witnessed crazy work procedures like this .

Edited by Dogs Of War

The reason "Elf n Safety" get hammered is because there are so many stupid, crazy rules that have been introduced ,which basically , if people followed them ,would never be able to get anything done .

A good example of this was something i witnessed this week .

you may have noticed that now a days it seems council workmen are incapable of climbing a ladder. across the road from my mom , the council spent nearly a full day erecting scaffolding on the front of a bungalow so they could change the guttering .

This job was all of 10 feet from the ground ,and was a simple job ,which could quite easily have been done by two men with small ladders in a couple of hours.

it was a complete waste of time and expense ,all because some idiot thought it was dangerous to have people using a small ladder.

Its things like this which give "Elf n Safety " a bad name ,and rightly so .

It is illegal to use a ladder as a platform to work off.

They are only usable as means of access.

if you want to cripple yourself, no insurance company will cover you.

This is the barmy regulations im talking about.

i spent many years as a window fitter ,and still to this day ,window fitters ,window cleaners Have to use ladders to do their job ,otherwise nothing would get done.

if your telling me a person is not capable of working off a small ladder ,the world must be full of really stupid people .

just a thought , how do you get your windows cleaned ?

Does your window cleaner bring scaffolding with him ?

Yes but I can't help but think that insisting teachers wear safety goggles to apply Blue Tac is over-egging the pudding somewhat.

What do you know about using a step ladder to change a florescent tube artisan? Is it illegal these days?

And a supplementary question, do you have to be a qualified electrician to change a tube?

Thanks.

Edited by Grahame

H & S is STUPID and people that believe in them all the way are STUPID,

no wonder why the council is is debt have to have scaffolding erected, if they used ladders they could get 2 houses done a day not just 1

im a chef and some of the hygeine rules make me giggle they are that daft

i personally like the rule that chefs cannot smoke, leave the premises, travel to and from work or eat in their whites but yet when we have to clean under racking that means i have to get on the floor and then clean the fryers out and fridges and other mucky jobs no one says anything about that and no we dont take out uniforms off fto do these jobs as its the hygeine law that says we must always wear our whites when in the kitchen to prevent cross contamination. :confused:

What's the penalty for a householder caught up a ladder?

What do you know about using a step ladder to change a florescent tube artisan? Is it illegal these days?

And a supplementary question, do you have to be a qualified electrician to change a tube?

Thanks.

A man who works for Balfour Beatty is up for the sack at pinderfiields because he use a wooden ladder to read a water meter.

This is the barmy regulations im talking about.

i spent many years as a window fitter ,and still to this day ,window fitters ,window cleaners Have to use ladders to do their job ,otherwise nothing would get done.

if your telling me a person is not capable of working off a small ladder ,the world must be full of really stupid people .

just a thought , how do you get your windows cleaned ?

Does your window cleaner bring scaffolding with him ?

Go for life old pal

Just dont except me to help you out when you are a cripple.

Let Dave do that.