Real gravy search

Where can I find a Sheffield pub serving homemade gravy, made with real meat juices on a Sunday roast? Everywhere seems to have gone down the gravy granules route.

You could try the Rutland on Brown St.

Chef there gets annoyed if people ask for extra as he says it is only available in limited quantities and expensive to make as "proper gravy".

You could try the Rutland on Brown St.

Chef there gets annoyed if people ask for extra as he says it is only available in limited quantities and expensive to make as "proper gravy".

I guess he's right, but it's not a good idea to get annoyed with customers usually. He'd be better making up some additional improper gravy because the folks who tend to want to make their plate swim with gravy tend to be the type who don't mind what they're eating.

I started doing the same when the in-laws come around for Sunday lunch, or Christmas lunch. I make proper gravy with meat juices - reduce it in the pan so it comes out rich and strong and flavoursome - but it doesn't make enough gallons to satisfy them - so I have some packet gravy at the ready too which they can't tell the difference anyhow so...