Property leasehold information help

Hello I am looking for some advice.

We are currently selling a property on Sheffield 5 for 80-85k.

We have had lots of viewings but have been asked about the leasehold.

Once we told them that 89 years was outstanding on the lease every single person has backed out.

So we have contacted our solicitor as we don't know who owns the land for a lease extension or to purchase the freehold.

Our house is mud terrece in a row of 4 we all have the same lease duration but we have never paid the £4 per year fee as our next door is the lease head holder and they have allways paid.

It's very confusing and is getting us really down as we want to move.

Can anyone tell us how they extended there lease and the cost or just any help or positivity on this matter.

Kind regards.

Best contact J Shaw who is the best man on here for this . Believe he has his office at Netheredge :cool::love:

Best contact J Shaw who is the best man on here for this . Believe he has his office at Netheredge

And here I am.

A lease with 89yrs unexpired is not yet a real problem, but it will be in nine years' time. That's when the "marriage value" enhancement of the freehold value will take effect.

So your best bet is to purchase the freehold reversion and then sell the house as a freehold.

Your next-best bet is at least to serve the statutory Notice of Claim and then sell the house as a leasehold PLUS the benefit of that Notice. Advantage: quicker sale, and your leasehold purchaser would not need to wait two years in order to gain statutory rights.

I'm puzzled that your solicitor has not explained all this to you.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

And here I am.

A lease with 89yrs unexpired is not yet a real problem, but it will be in nine years' time. That's when the "marriage value" enhancement of the freehold value will take effect.

So your best bet is to purchase the freehold reversion and then sell the house as a freehold.

Your next-best bet is at least to serve the statutory Notice of Claim and then sell the house as a leasehold PLUS the benefit of that Notice. Advantage: quicker sale, and your leasehold purchaser would not need to wait two years in order to gain statutory rights.

I'm puzzled that your solicitor has not explained all this to you.

Your right and I think they are thinking that they can't be bothered with the hassle in 9 years time.

No we don't know where we are at at all we don't even know who owns the freehold.

Today I asked the neighbour for the invoice of ground rents it's property's 242 -248 we are 244 so the neighbour at 242 has been responsible for the ground rent for the past 111 years!

Our solicitor has wrote to savills who are acting as agents for Sheffield diocesan board of finance church house Rotherham.

Is that the freeholder? Who we need to be contacting to extend the lease?

Sorry that's long hope it makes sence.

Thankyou.

Our solicitor has wrote to savills who are acting as agents for Sheffield diocesan board of finance church house Rotherham.

Is that the freeholder? Who we need to be contacting to extend the lease?

Yes, the Board presumably owns the freehold reversion.

So your Notice of Claim would be served on the Board and also copied to Savills.

NB: forget about 'extend the lease'; what you need is to buy the f/r.