Neighbour wants to buy my outhouse.

Hi all, some advice needed pls...

My old outhouse which has now been knocked down and cleared up as it was structurally unsafe, is located in my neighbours garden. My neighbours are interested in buying the bit of land where the outhouse once stood and i'm happy to sell it to them.

Has anyone had any expereince of selling their outhouse, and if so for how much and how do I find out how much the land is worth?

My old outhouse which has now been knocked down and cleared up as it was structurally unsafe, is located in my neighbours garden. My neighbours are interested in buying the bit of land where the outhouse once stood and i'm happy to sell it to them.

Has anyone had any expereince of selling their outhouse, and if so for how much and how do I find out how much the land is worth?

It's worth whatever your neighbours are prepared to pay for it. No-one knows that for sure until you sell it. A couple of grand maybe?

I would ask for £5000 or nearest offer, they need the bit of land to make their garden complete.....

I would ask for £5000 or nearest offer, they need the bit of land to make their garden complete.....

This. They need it more than you by the sounds of it.

So you have a six by three foot space in your neighbour's garden that you can use for what exactly?

So you have a six by three foot space in your neighbour's garden that you can use for what exactly?

He/she can put a shed,toilet, or vegetable garden on it....

Sorry, but I don't think you should rip off your neighbour just because they want it more than you as has been suggested. I cannot imagine that a tiny bit of land could ever be worth £5k!!!

We have the same situation in that our neighbour's outhouse is in our garden. £1k seems more than enough in my opinion.

Have it valued or look it up online to get a accurate price for the land !

NOTE: ensure that the conveyancing work also undoes the easements (private rights) created when the properties were first split-up.

Sell it for whatever you value it as, or maybe ask the neighbour to suggest a price. I would happily purchase thr neighbours outhouse that is in our garden but I think the maximum I would pay is about £500 because I as payer am going to be liable for a lot of solicitor fees so it will probably be £1000+ in total. which is way more than the land is worth but I could knock my out house down and build a proper shed with space for bikes and children's toys etc.

He/she can put a shed,toilet, or vegetable garden on it....

Toilet ? Isn't this the twenty first century ?

Toilet ? Isn't this the twenty first century ?

It's handy in case the one in the house is in use or out of order...:)