Wetherspoons ,crystal peaks

lots of talk around here that Wetherspons are to open a new pub at crystal peaks ( the old british heart foundation shop) . anyone know if there is any truth in this ?

It may be true, been quite a lot of discussion the last few months. And now that the Swim Inn 's been sold to Hawthorne Leisure at least there will be somewhere for some of the staff to relocate.

Nothing on their website.

The shopping mall closes at 8pm, if I'm not mistaken. How would that work?

Besides that, the Heart Foundation floorspace I would imagine is nowhere big enough even over the two floors.

I hope I'm wrong it would shake up the crap pubs around that area.

I reckon its a non starter though.

The shopping mall closes at 8pm, if I'm not mistaken. How would that work?

Besides that, the Heart Foundation floorspace I would imagine is nowhere big enough even over the two floors.

I hope I'm wrong it would shake up the crap pubs around that area.

I reckon its a non starter though.

supposed to be doors opening into carpark

The doors to the rear of BHF open directly into the access yard as opposed to the public car park.

I notice you state the "old" BHF shop but they're still trading in there,which would mean notices etc being issued and displayed if they were being kicked out.

I do think it would be a step in the wrong direction to have a pub with in the shopping complex tbh.

The doors to the rear of BHF open directly into the access yard as opposed to the public car park.

I notice you state the "old" BHF shop but they're still trading in there,which would mean notices etc being issued and displayed if they were being kicked out.

I do think it would be a step in the wrong direction to have a pub with in the shopping complex tbh.

when I said the old BHF I meant the original one at the bottom of c peaks opposite the petrol station . it has been empty for years

when I said the old BHF I meant the original one at the bottom of c peaks opposite the petrol station . it has been empty for years

My mistake i know where you mean now, so it would be in the region of the M&S rear entrance.

It may be true, been quite a lot of discussion the last few months. And now that the Swim Inn 's been sold to Hawthorne Leisure at least there will be somewhere for some of the staff to relocate.

Is the swim inn closing ?

there is going to be a wetherspoons at crystal peaks, i questioned how they would open when shopping centre shuts, there will be an outside entrance so they can still open when centre is shut.

On what do you base this information? Has planning permission been applied for?

---------- Post added 31-03-2016 at 21:05 ----------

Anyone suggest names for their new pub:-

I'll start it off ...

'Fat Lass and Sausage Roll'