Copper Water Tank any value

I had a new boiler and water tank fitted yesterday, and the fitters took the old tank and boiler away saying they get into trouble if they don't take it back.

It's my own house and therefore I consider it my property. I just wondered if it's of any value and why they were so defensive.

They left all the rubble for me to dispose of but took what they seemed to want.

There's money to be made out of scrap copper hot water cylinders, they've told you a pack of lies. If they give you a quote to install new cylinder and tank, the old ones are yours.

Was a big well known company too

Does it have a B and a G in it?

No a H and L :hihi:

And they're not as cheap as the ads make out

Was a big well known company too

It won't have gone anywhere near the company. Let the company know and ask them to take the rubble away.

Me and my mate would save it all until xmas, then weigh it all in for a nice little bonus.

I took my very old copper cylinder and the connecting pipes (sawn up into small bundle, tucked under arm) down to Bramalls and got nearly £60. this was back in 2005/6.

I will be contacting them now.......feeling very cross :(

I had a new boiler and water tank fitted yesterday, and the fitters took the old tank and boiler away saying they get into trouble if they don't take it back.

It's my own house and therefore I consider it my property. I just wondered if it's of any value and why they were so defensive.

They left all the rubble for me to dispose of but took what they seemed to want.

You av been conned demand it back, sell it urself

If they were taking away those bits, I would have hoped theybwould have cleared away all the rubble too..... You are right to be suspicious.

Subject to the facts in the OP being both true and all the facts, don't let the company fob you off either: I believe that, technically, what their employees have done could be classed as theft by deception.

If I am correct (I'm always open to correction), try and use your position of strength with the company and demand that they both return your property and clear the rubble, as consideration for you not pressing charges against them (the company is liable for its employees).

Edited by L00b