Insured working abroad

Any body any experience of the above or recommendations for insurance companies?

My son is planning on teaching English in Italy so needs to make sure adequate cover is in place.

Some companies we've contacted have stated they won't cover for personal accident issues and various other things so some practical advice would be appreciated.

Ta.

I assume you mean a form of travel insurance? It all depends on how long he is staying, if it is a short period he could just use generic travel insurance in combination with the European health-cover provided by the NHS, if it is longer term he will need to sort out insurance in Italy rather than here, it will be a lot cheaper too.

But as I said, it all depends on the circumstances, you might be better off asking at an expat forum for Italy.

Yes, travel insurance.

Cheers for the reply.

Whats wrong with the EHIC card??

A number of things, first and foremost it is seen as an emergency cover, in most countries it only entitles you to A&E admission and primary care, not repatriation and the like. Each nation also has different insurance requirements beyond health. As I do not know the situation for Italy, I recommend getting in touch with the consulate.

A number of things, first and foremost it is seen as an emergency cover, in most countries it only entitles you to A&E admission and primary care, not repatriation and the like. Each nation also has different insurance requirements beyond health. As I do not know the situation for Italy, I recommend getting in touch with the consulate.

Couldn't have put it better myself re EHIC.

Cheers.

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 20:24 ----------

Could try something like this:

http://quote.bupa-intl.com/

Thanks for that. I'll pass it on.