Electric Toothbrushing - Who knew??

Afternoon everyone :D

Have recently purchased an electric toothbrush.....and OMG! What a revelation!!

My toothypegs are preened and groomed to a level barely recognisable. And all for £30 and a 2 minute timer twice a day.

Who knew?? And why didn't ya tell me?! :hihi:

Love

As Always

Sol

:)

what model do you have?

I've been using the Braun Oral-B 3D range for over a decade and have had very good results (ie, none of my teeth have fallen out) but you need to be disciplined and use the brush as part of a total mouthcare programme, including flossing and mouthwash.

Exciting topic, I know.

what model do you have?

I've been using the Braun Oral-B 3D range for over a decade and have had very good results (ie, none of my teeth have fallen out) but you need to be disciplined and use the brush as part of a total mouthcare programme, including flossing and mouthwash.

Oral-B crossaction

Yes, flossing, mouthwash and TePes! :D

---------- Post added 24-05-2015 at 15:30 ----------

Exciting topic, I know.

Dude. I had no idea how easy this equipment makes cleaning teeth - and how effective! I'd brush using a normal brush, thinking I was doing a good job - but would still leave loads of plaque on the teeth. Now it's all gone! :D

Edited by Solomon1

Oral-B crossaction

I use the Power Max brush heads, but then I have a bigger than average mouth.

Dude. I had no idea how easy this equipment makes cleaning teeth - and how effective! I'd brush using a normal brush, thinking I was doing a good job - but would still leave loads of plaque on the teeth. Now it's all gone! :D

That is great, I am pleased to hear it. But I cannot stress enough that you absolutely must maintain good oral hygiene forever.

So at the very least, you must brush first thing every morning, then floss, brush and mouthwash every evening before bedtime.

And for the Love of God, KEEP THE BATTERY CHAREGD!

If the battery level drops, then it's of no use at all (you try brushing manually at 8,000 rpm and you'll see what I mean), so make sure you charge it once a week as well.

My toothypegs are preened and groomed to a level barely recognisable. And all for £30 and a 2 minute timer twice a day.

:)

But dont ordinary toothbrushes do the same? I understand there is no scientifically proven best way of brushing.

I find a new brush makes a big difference, manual or electric. I like my teeth, so I find this topic interesting. I flip from manual to electric, not sure which is best.

I did find that the Arm+Hammer toothpaste cured my sensitive teeth.

But dont ordinary toothbrushes do the same? I understand there is no scientifically proven best way of brushing.

I find a new brush makes a big difference, manual or electric. I like my teeth, so I find this topic interesting. I flip from manual to electric, not sure which is best.

I did find that the Arm+Hammer toothpaste cured my sensitive teeth.

All I can say is that I noticed a big difference on the level of filming that was left on my teeth after brushing with electric - ie none :)

And newly sensitive teeth will sort themselves out after a while ;)

I have a bigger than average mouth.

That has come across before now:hihi::hihi::hihi:

How does it work on people who have veneers, are they at risk of coming off

:o

If you use one of those little brush things (tepees?) to sort out in between your teeth, and it's amazing how much of your last meal still dwells there! Then, have a rigorous electric toothbrush sesh, you really do feel like you have the mouth of an angel.

In addition to the standard orbital brush-head supplied with the electric tooth brush I also use the following

http://www.oralb.co.uk/en-GB/productdetail/oral-b-trizone-replacement-toothbrush-head/

used in conjunction with Tepe interdental brushes, mouthwash and toothpaste very good oral hygiene can be achieved.

Its a pity good oral hygiene isn't taught by NHS dentists.

...Its a pity good oral hygiene isn't taught by NHS dentists.

Make that "Its a pity good oral hygiene isn't taught by some dentists."

I've been with my current NHS dentist twenty years and have never been short of such advice.

How does it work on people who have veneers, are they at risk of coming off

:o

The mid- to high-end Oral B electric brushes come with several cleaning modes, including a slower speed which is ideal for those with special dental work. Also, softer and gentler brush heads are available.

If you use one of those little brush things (tepees?) to sort out in between your teeth, and it's amazing how much of your last meal still dwells there! Then, have a rigorous electric toothbrush sesh, you really do feel like you have the mouth of an angel.

Are those TePe interdental brushes any better than flossing?

As mentioned, I have a big mouth ;) and combined with my large and clumsy hands, I find squeezing a small TePe brush in between my gnashers a chore.

So I floss instead using this which is as strong as steel wire, and tends to shred my gums and fingers. Trouble is, other dental flosses aren't strong enough and tend to snap and get stuck between your teeth, which isn't a pleasant sensation.

I've been with my current NHS dentist twenty years and have never been short of such advice.

Indeed, it was my dentist who recommended I use the Oral B electric brush.