There's a new scam in town

just had a call from someone called Lauren from a outfit called " Nuisance call Prevention " . They are basically offering to sign you up to the Telephone Preference Society which is a FREE service for a fee . Cut me off when i started asking questions

I've had that one too,a few months ago,i said "Do you mean to stop nuisance calls like this one :hihi: :hihi:?"...i got cut off also. :)

I'm not sure that you can call that a scam. Lots of service providers sell consumers services for more than the service costs if you do it yourself.

its great. they deserve the comission for selling such a great service. a lot of people dont know TPS.

TBH I've got to the point when anyone who rings my phone and I can't instantly identify as a friend or relative gets told to eff off.

TBH I've got to the point when anyone who rings my phone and I can't instantly identify as a friend or relative gets told to eff off.

same here ,ive got to the point now where I don't answer the landline . I wait for it to stop ringing ,use 1471 , if its friends or family I ring them back

same here ,ive got to the point now where I don't answer the landline . I wait for it to stop ringing ,use 1471 , if its friends or family I ring them back

Can't you use "caller ID"?

I've received two calls in two days from some sort of agency wanting to know if my hearing was damaged. Normally I'd just hang up, but this was a Sheffield number as well, I made clear I wanted to be taken off their database, twice, it seems to only have worked on the second. Considering we are on the preference scheme I was very annoyed they rang us twice.

Can't you use "caller ID"?

no , not got that on my landline

That's the routine in our house as well :)

I've received two calls in two days from some sort of agency wanting to know if my hearing was damaged. Normally I'd just hang up, but this was a Sheffield number as well, I made clear I wanted to be taken off their database, twice, it seems to only have worked on the second. Considering we are on the preference scheme I was very annoyed they rang us twice.

I've been getting these periodically over a few years. They seem really surprised when I tell them that, no I haven't ever worked in a noisy environment.

just had a call from someone called Lauren from a outfit called " Nuisance call Prevention " . They are basically offering to sign you up to the Telephone Preference Society which is a FREE service for a fee . Cut me off when i started asking questions

I do find this quite ironic. Getting nuisance calls from a nuisance call service.