Electric Bikes ..

I am thinking of getting an electric Bike , does anyone have any good ideas with regards to what i should look at , I am not sure i will buy a brand new one so any recommendations will be greatly received. Now the bike has to be able to go from netheredge to woodseats , Norton lees areas every day for my work.

I am thinking of getting an electric Bike , does anyone have any good ideas with regards to what i should look at , I am not sure i will buy a brand new one so any recommendations will be greatly received. Now the bike has to be able to go from netheredge to woodseats , Norton lees areas every day for my work.

Go on pedelec forum. You get all the info you need. If you got a good bike already buy a kit, it much cheap

Yeah, I was looking in to this casually too. I think you can get kits, and batteries shipped from China. There was some interesting info on YouTube. Some of the custom bikes have amazing acceleration and top speed, probably not altogether safe!

I think the best value kit is Xiongda 48V 2-speed motor kit.

I have a Ktm ecross but it is restricted to assist upto 15mph only. The xiongda will reach 25mph easy , it's feels very fast on a bike

I haven't ridden a bike everyday since my 20s so it's going to interesting

Some are quite nippy...

I'm wondering if the speed limit still applies if you're on an electric bike?

Probably a gray area I'd have though, and maybe why the legal ones only assist up to 15mph. Most bikes don't have a speedo of course, and no requirement for one, hence why the speed limit doesn't apply.

Hugely popular in the Netherlands and for good reason. Convenient and nippy way to get round town. Unfortunately cyclists are still disregarded in Sheffield so you'll have to have your wits about you at all times.

Some are quite nippy...

I'm wondering if the speed limit still applies if you're on an electric bike?

electric bikes have restricted fitted in the uk

---------- Post added 15-01-2015 at 09:10 ----------

Hugely popular in the Netherlands and for good reason. Convenient and nippy way to get round town. Unfortunately cyclists are still disregarded in Sheffield so you'll have to have your wits about you at all times.

yes but i know the quieter ways to where i work and will not be cycling on major roads except to cross them and just nearby is a cycle path which i will use

electric bikes have restricted fitted in the uk

---------- Post added 15-01-2015 at 09:10 ----------

yes but i know the quieter ways to where i work and will not be cycling on major roads except to cross them and just nearby is a cycle path which i will use

In that case definitely go for it, a cousin of mine sold his car and now bikes 24 kilometres into work every day with his electric bike - he loves it.

In that case definitely go for it, a cousin of mine sold his car and now bikes 24 kilometres into work every day with his electric bike - he loves it.

I need to do more research , although I walk a lot in my profession I am not 100% sure if I am fit enough with our hills or not , I do probably around 30 miles per day in distance so would need to know if the battery would sustain that ! I have also seen the electric moped line bikes but would like to use cycle paths rather than roads.

I need to do more research , although I walk a lot in my profession I am not 100% sure if I am fit enough with our hills or not , I do probably around 30 miles per day in distance so would need to know if the battery would sustain that ! I have also seen the electric moped line bikes but would like to use cycle paths rather than roads.

I once looked into the moped type ones, and luckily had the foresight to check insurance requirements....at the time (It may be different now), but 'most' insurers wouldn't insure me...Not even quote me, as they were new to the market and there was no insurance history for them....at the time, they were virtually impossible to insure! The frequent line coming back from them I heard was that pedestrians can't hear you approach...and that made them (in their eyes) dangerous.