John Hibberd estate at Woodhouse

I have noticed that there are lots of properties for sale on this estate.

Lovely houses and not too expensive.

My question is. Why so many? Is there a problem with that area?

if you find out let me know, i keep looking as well, £180k for 4 bed detatched cardwell £169k

Is it owt to do with the poo beds at the bottom of the road?

Is it owt to do with the poo beds at the bottom of the road?

Don't they have inside toilets then?

The local secondary is a failing school,local schools are beset by low standards and the neighbouring areas are dull,with pockets of deprivation and anti-social conduct.

Sewage works down the road stinks to high heaven, railway line at the side of estate runs freight trains all night. The Schools in the area are awfull. Most of all the local estate (the one over the road) is rough as hell.

Its also built ontop of an old scrap yard, Which was on top of a coal mine.

So yeh cracking estate to live on

Sewage works down the road stinks to high heaven, railway line at the side of estate runs freight trains all night. The Schools in the area are awfull. Most of all the local estate (the one over the road) is rough as hell.

Its also built ontop of an old scrap yard, Which was on top of a coal mine.

So yeh cracking estate to live on

The sewage works sometimes stinks to high heaven, in fact I can't recall the last time it did.

The train line besides the estate does not run freight all night, as well as the passenger service there was a frieght train at about 7pm last night and there's usually one at about 5am.

The local schools aren't bad, both my kids went to Brunswick and are now at Handsworth Grange, which has improved a lot over the last few years.

The estate over the road is not rough as hell, it's no paradise but I lived there for a number of years and never had any trouble.

I think you'll find most of Sheffield is built on land which has been mined over the years, most of the areas local to Woodhouse had a pit.

I think the "estate" references (I'm assuming you're talking about the Badger) are a bit of a red herring. Does Driver Street and the others across the railway line suffer? They're certainly closer.

I think the railway "noise" is also a red herring because again the houses on Driver Street also back onto the line.

John Hibbard isn't on the way to anywhere so won't suffer from passing chavs.

Maybe its more to do with the houses not being so large inside and quite small gardens? There could also be a damp issue with it being so close to the marshland and river. And possibly the view?

Lived in Woodhouse on and off most of my life. the badger is a crime ridden dump. The Sewage works stink to high heaven whenever the temperature goes up a degree, or when thay decide to do any work down there. the Schools are some of the worst in Sheffield. As for the pit, yes most of Woodhouse in top of the old mines, Just not quite as close to the old pit head. Trains Run at 10pm 2am & 5am I would call that all night.

Are you by any chance trying to sell one of these houses?

I think the "estate" references (I'm assuming you're talking about the Badger) are a bit of a red herring. Does Driver Street and the others across the railway line suffer? They're certainly closer.

I think the railway "noise" is also a red herring because again the houses on Driver Street also back onto the line.

John Hibbard isn't on the way to anywhere so won't suffer from passing chavs.

Maybe its more to do with the houses not being so large inside and quite small gardens? There could also be a damp issue with it being so close to the marshland and river. And possibly the view?

I grew up on a Driver Street in a house that directly backed onto the railway line and it was never a problem and you could never smell the sewerage treatment works from the house even on really hot days.

The 'problem' with the railway running freight all night depends on whether you have grown up living near such. If you have then it is not so much of a problem, you have become used to it. Someone new to this will find it a very big problem. It can be the same living next to a busy main road.

In fact, when you are used to traffic / train noise then holidays it quiet rural settings can be a problem - it is too quiet!

Similar problems occur with people moving to live near a farm, the smell and the sounds of the farm (cows, cockrel etc) or next to a church (the bells, the bells!). Those who have lived there all thier lives seem little affected by these major problems for the new comers.

My wife's cousin lived on there, he was really proud of his house however caution if you're taller than 6 foot 2 then you'll have height issues. I'm 5' 10" and could extend my hand and comfortably touch the ceiling, to the extent I kept banging my head on the light fitting, it felt very claustafobic and had extremely small rooms inside and his was a 4 bed detached. It had nice views over a nature reserve I think it was however there was a odd smell which someone has stated is the poo farm.

Its also a odd area, the estate seems nice enough however the schools are awful. Lots of chavy kids too.

You get what you pay for!!! also the back garden was tiny about 30ft wide and 15 foot deep